HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Legend of Zelda dungeons (1 complete)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zephyriphoenix
Gohma

PostSubject: Legend of Zelda dungeons (1 complete)   Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:01 pm

We seem to have stalled on doing any of the other megaprojects, so I am proposing this both because it is something that we can do relatively easily and because it will give us something to work on together. In another thread I talked about how it would be a good idea to cooperatively build a dungeon from the first zelda game as it would give us experience in working together and in coordinating a mega project. I am again proposing this, and that we build the first dungeon legitimately in bsh's server. I also propose that we build the other dungeons in ssp using creative mode and then upload schematic files of them so that they can be imported into our server and so that others can modify them. I dont think this needs much explaing but, if we can coordinate builds both in multiplayer and through schematics, then even if we dont have a server we still have something to work towards as a clan. It would also mean that we could start the larger projects such as clocktown (which I havent given up hope of building).

From experience i have found that making every tile a 2x2 area seems to translate well for combat in minecraft. I have not foind a single type of pillar that i think works well, but I find that pillars made of glass, glass panes or iron bars look very nice, and allow line of sight for the whole room, the other option i found that seems to work is to have pillars top by half steps so that they are 1.5 blocks high and the player can see over them, although in the end whoever builds it should do what they think fits the atmosphere of the temple.

Anyway please respond if you are interested in helping out, and if you are what dungeons you want to make/help with.

Spoiler:

Last edited by zephyriphoenix on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas_Terminator
Moblin

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda dungeons (1 complete)   Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:28 pm

I'll have to take a refresher via OoT...

But i'll be willing to help out w/ everything when i can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.terminationgaming.com
Tamugetsu
Moblin

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda dungeons (1 complete)   Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:11 pm

You know I'm in for anything. I think I'll enjoy trying to decide what to use for each tile type in each dungeon. Smile

Gohma

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda dungeons (1 complete)   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:38 pm

I have finished the first dungeon.

It is not a single contigous style because I was trying to show how it is possible to make different styles while style following the layout from the zelda games. The save is in a creative flatworld.

Things to know:

levers function as keys and are found in specific rooms

in a certain room a map of the dungeon is dispensed

block sliding works (sort of)

here is the mediafire link

http://www.mediafire.com/?kwq68uzm3ma9czh

Edit:
I realize now that i forgot to put in one of the locks, so there will be a new version coming, im just a little tired of working on this dungeon so im not going to fix it today.

Edit Edit: I have fixed the missing lock, reset all the doors and locks and moved the player to the entrance of the building. I have also updated the download link to the fixed version.

P.S. If you want to be even more hylian download my hylian font for minecraft.

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?b6onoo5e2v93gd2

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas_Terminator
Moblin

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda dungeons (1 complete)   Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Since i'm going through the first LoZ for like the 39458495489 time...

I've started on the 2nd Dungeon from NES Legend of Zelda.

I'll post it when it I get a good amount of it done. Smile
Back to top Go down
harry1039800
Moblin

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda dungeons (1 complete)   Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:37 pm

can you use something other then mediafire? the link isnt loading correctly for me becuase my computer has mental retardation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas_Terminator
Moblin

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda dungeons (1 complete)   Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:10 am

Forumotion is blocking fileshare links for some weird reason.

It's doing that on my forums, along with a couple other forums that im on.
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda dungeons (1 complete)   Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:44 am

I''ll try to find a site that works or a work around.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
harry1039800
Moblin

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda dungeons (1 complete)   Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:18 pm

I figured out a way around the mediafire link issue...
when on the AD.fly copy and paste the URL and click "go" to goto the actual mediafire link without having the AD.fly take you to the main site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zephyriphoenix
Gohma

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda dungeons (1 complete)   Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:00 am

harry1039800 wrote:
I figured out a way around the mediafire link issue...
when on the AD.fly copy and paste the URL and click "go" to goto the actual mediafire link without having the AD.fly take you to the main site.
im not even sure why ad.fly is invilved i listed the direct link as it gave it to me, weird.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda dungeons (1 complete)   

Back to top Go down

Legend of Zelda dungeons (1 complete)
Page 1 of 1