Society of the Master Sword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Society of the Master Sword

A Legend of Zelda centered Minecraft clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tamugetsu
Moblin
Tamugetsu

The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) Empty
PostSubject: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:12 pm

Hey fellow clan members, it's everyone's favorite shameless Zelda graphic thief talented clan artist here with a few words about the look of the forum, and yes, that little ladybug perched on the Home button.

I recently gained access to the system for editing the forum images, and I've decided I'd like to try my hand at making this forum look nicer and more Zelda-y. Zephyriphoenix recently located a treasure trove of item icons from Skyward Sword (link below), and I will continue to scour the internet searching for pictures to slap together source material for the new graphics.

I'm posting this here as a heads-up, and to ask for any ideas, suggestions, or delicious, delicious art base graphics you might have. I'd like this site to have a look that works for everyone, and I haven't planned much out yet, so I'm very open to suggestions. And no, that ladybug sitting on the plain old home button is not a final image, or anything close. I altered the image to test the system, and it seems to work very well so far.

IDEAS:
*Please provide some, for I seem to currently be incapable of conscious thought*

LINKS:
Skyward Sword Item Icons
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Well i just made a new favicon that everyone should be able to see. Its my take on the master sword in its pedastal minecraft version. "The Diamond Sword in the Stone Brick"

Bow before Zelda!
wizzrobe wizzrobe wizzrobe wizzrobe wizzrobe
zelda
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:15 am

I have a few ideas, but there just for the top button bar and there going to be of the similar idea of just laying the icons next to the Calendar, FAQ, ...etc buttons like with the lady bug.
I thought that icons that are similar to what the button says was kinda a good idea so i went with that. If you don't like any that's fine am just putting out suggestions.

- I like the Home button looking like it is. But if you want my opinion It could be anything really.
-Calendar button could have the Phantom Hourglass or Ocarina of Time.
Spoiler:
-FAQ's are helpful so a shield icon, or bottle maybe? I feel like this one can be anything.
Spoiler:
-Search, should have the Lens of Truth, because anything that looks like a magnifying glass is practically tailored to the word 'search'.
Spoiler:
-For Members button I was thinking the Bomber Notebook from MM.
Spoiler:
-Groups could be one of the Title Deeds also from MM.
Spoiler:
-The Profile button feels like it should have one of the tunics.
Spoiler:
-For Messages you could have a closed letter for new unread messages and an open one for no new messages.
Spoiler:
-And the Log In & Log Out buttons can have a small keys over it.
Spoiler:

A lot of these are from different Zelda games. I don't know if you plan on using just one set theme or if you want to mix them together.
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm

How do you like the new menu bar?

Thank you very much for the ideas i liked all of them, but thought that navi made more sense for answering questions.
Back to top Go down
bsh122397
Green ChuChu
bsh122397

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:59 pm

i like them The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) Twilightsmile The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) Pinkiehappy
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Wow, I like the way they came out!
Of course! Navi makes the most sense for the FAQ button. I also like what you did with Farore's Wind.

I totally forgot about suggesting an image for the Register Button. I 'm not sure what to put, something you sign up for, Gerudo's Membership Card? I'm not sure maybe something simple but important like the Triforce or Zelda's head?
Spoiler:

I also just had an epiphany for the Profile button. I think a Pictograph fits the Profile button more but that's just my opinion you don't have to change it if you don't want to.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:58 pm

Enix Forever wrote:
Of course! Navi makes the most sense for the FAQ button. I also like what you did with Farore's Wind.

I totally forgot about suggesting an image for the Register Button. I 'm not sure what to put, something you sign up for, Gerudo's Membership Card? I'm not sure maybe something simple but important like the Triforce or Zelda's head?
Spoiler:

I also just had an epiphany for the Profile button. I think a Pictograph fits the Profile button more but that's just my opinion you don't have to change it if you don't want to.
Spoiler:

I think i like the gerudo membership card for the register button, i had been wondering what to put. Sadly i dont think i can have it flash but ill see what i can do. As for the pictobox, i have that set for the gallery, which most cant see for 2 reasons: 1. theres almost nothing on it yet; 2. i only have 20mb total for the forums unless we pay monthly, so i cant allow others to upload to it. right now its where the images for the forum facelift (or at least some of them) are going.
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:14 pm

zephyriphoenix wrote:
Enix Forever wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I think i like the gerudo membership card for the register button, i had been wondering what to put. Sadly i dont think i can have it flash but ill see what i can do. As for the pictobox, i have that set for the gallery, which most cant see for 2 reasons: 1. theres almost nothing on it yet; 2. i only have 20mb total for the forums unless we pay monthly, so i cant allow others to upload to it. right now its where the images for the forum facelift (or at least some of them) are going.

Secret buttons?! Never would have thought. Is there one that takes you to a page that says, "Hazzah! You have found the Triforce, Rejoice!"?
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:16 pm

no but i might be able to make one. I'll look into it. thanks for the idea again.
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:44 pm

there is now a secret button that links a a page such as you described. It is possible for people to access it, however it is also unlikely that anyone not searching and being very careful will ever find it.
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:57 pm

zephyriphoenix wrote:
there is now a secret button that links a a page such as you described. It is possible for people to access it, however it is also unlikely that anyone not searching and being very careful will ever find it.
Sweet! Only question I have is, is it on a specific page like lets say under messages or is it constantly there on every page/thread?
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:12 pm

Enix Forever wrote:
zephyriphoenix wrote:
Sweet! Only question I have is, is it on a specific page like lets say under messages or is it constantly there on every page/thread?
I'm not telling Smile oh and i got the register button done, thanks again for the idea and picture.

Oh no zelda is surrounded and link is unconscious!
armos octorok octorok armos
dead link zelda power rupee
gannon shuns

They should have ignored the rupee...
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:37 pm

zephyriphoenix wrote:
Enix Forever wrote:
zephyriphoenix wrote:
I'm not telling Smile oh and i got the register button done, thanks again for the idea and picture.

Oh no zelda is surrounded and link is unconscious!
armos octorok octorok armos
dead link zelda power rupee
gannon shuns

They should have ignored the rupee...
Glad to help, If there's anything that need a little brainstorming I'll drop by and give my 2 cents.
After I find this secret button! Ignore Rupees eh? Suspect
Hey maybe you can make this part of the Triforce bearer quest?
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:45 pm

Enix Forever wrote:

Glad to help, If there's anything that need a little brainstorming I'll drop by and give my 2 cents.
thats a neat idea. I will have to work on it, and right now i have no way to check if anyone makes it to the page, but i still like the idea.
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:11 pm

zephyriphoenix wrote:
Enix Forever wrote:

thats a neat idea. I will have to work on it, and right now i have no way to check if anyone makes it to the page, but i still like the idea.
I'll be a tester then lol. I think I understand your hint, if it is one. If not I'll have to check every page with button links! This is going to drive me crazy like Crazy Tracy.
Back to top Go down
Tamugetsu
Moblin
Tamugetsu

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:02 am

gained triforce Found it. It really does say "Huzzah" and everything. gained triforce
Back to top Go down
bsh122397
Green ChuChu
bsh122397

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:34 am

it is interesting
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:34 am

After hours of searching alas I have found the Triforce!
I also found where the gallery button may be even though I can't see/click it.
big tree gained triforce zelda big tree

Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:02 pm

congratulations to those who found it!

also the gallerey button just apears on the top row if you have access, which i believe only admins do (im actually not the only admin anymore, although im not giving adminship to people based on rank, just to those i feel i can completely trust, since there is so much that can be abused)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)   The Ladybug (Forum Facelift) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ladybug (Forum Facelift)
Page 1 of 1