Society of the Master Sword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Society of the Master Sword

A Legend of Zelda centered Minecraft clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New SOTMS Server

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shindokaku
Bokoblin
Shindokaku

New SOTMS Server Empty
PostSubject: New SOTMS Server   New SOTMS Server EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Alright so I wanted everyone's opinions on what we should do for the new server. Please leave suggestions and be as detailed ad you can. Include things such as:

Bukkit/vanilla/modpack
Server type (survival, RP, ect)
Any plugins/mods
Builds, spawn area, ect
Back to top Go down
sauceboss10
Red ChuChu
sauceboss10

New SOTMS Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SOTMS Server   New SOTMS Server EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 5:01 pm

I really enjoyed the Mob Arenas from the last server and I looked up a few PvP arena mods and i found BattleArena. It looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

New SOTMS Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SOTMS Server   New SOTMS Server EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Oh man I have an idea that I'd like to see us do, but it isn't... lore friendly with the Zeldaverse.

Feed The Beast, direwolf's version, survive map.

This thing is has so many mods, it can give us months of fun. Only problem I can think of is getting other mods in without conflicts.
Back to top Go down
Shindokaku
Bokoblin
Shindokaku

New SOTMS Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SOTMS Server   New SOTMS Server EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:49 pm

sauceboss10 wrote:
I really enjoyed the Mob Arenas from the last server and I looked up a few PvP arena mods and i found BattleArena. It looks interesting.
Yeah the mob area was really fun. I'll look into the PvP arenas.

Enix Forever wrote:
Oh man I have an idea that I'd like to see us do, but it isn't... lore friendly with the Zeldaverse.

Feed The Beast, direwolf's version, survive map.

This thing is has so many mods, it can give us months of fun. Only problem I can think of is getting other mods in without conflicts.
Yeah I was thinking the same but with the mindcrack pack. That's the pack I use on my FTB server and it's lots of fun. Has roughly the same amount and most of the same mods as the DW20 pack I think. I suppose we could come up with our own private modpack for the server if we wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

New SOTMS Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SOTMS Server   New SOTMS Server EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Quote :
Yeah I was thinking the same but with the mindcrack pack. That's the pack I use on my FTB server and it's lots of fun. Has roughly the same amount and most of the same mods as the DW20 pack I think. I suppose we could come up with our own private modpack for the server if we wanted to.

Looking through the modpack list I see a resounding lack of Mystcraft under the MindCrack Pack. Mystcraft is one of the mods I really would like to be using, along with Thaumcraft 3.

If you've ever played Myst and enjoyed it, you kind of want to experience more of the concept of traveling to new worlds. Especially if they're custom made and private to a single person. Sure you can get struck in them, but that's usually ever the one persons own fault for not traveling with a linking book.
Back to top Go down
Shindokaku
Bokoblin
Shindokaku

New SOTMS Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SOTMS Server   New SOTMS Server EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Enix Forever wrote:
Quote :

Looking through the modpack list I see a resounding lack of Mystcraft under the MindCrack Pack. Mystcraft is one of the mods I really would like to be using, along with Thaumcraft 3.

If you've ever played Myst and enjoyed it, you kind of want to experience more of the concept of traveling to new worlds. Especially if they're custom made and private to a single person. Sure you can get struck in them, but that's usually ever the one persons own fault for not traveling with a linking book.

I've never used myst craft. So you can make your own dimensions? Can you do this in game and if so do you get to choose the attributes of the dimension?

---

Anyway, so no matter what we choose there are some things we can discuss while we're waiting for everyone to post what kind of server they prefer.

So what kind of spawn should we have? We could do something simple like a circle in the ground that people spawn in and make it look like a warp point from OoT. It would require more effort but we could also do a town/city/market thing. I would imagine this being kind of like a central spawn area somewhat similar to the central plaza thing in Hyrule Castle Town in Twilight Princess and then we can have streets branching off from there lined with stores and such.

Oh, here's a cool idea, we could have a multi world server and on the other worlds we could do replicas of zelda games/dungeons ect. It would take a lot of work but I think it would be cool. If the multiworld is too much for the server though we could also tp to a very very far corner of the minecraft world and set something up so people could tp there.
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

New SOTMS Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SOTMS Server   New SOTMS Server EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Shindokaku wrote:
Enix Forever wrote:
Quote :

I've never used myst craft. So you can make your own dimensions? Can you do this in game and if so do you get to choose the attributes of the dimension?

Explaining how Mystcraft works is going to takes awhile. It would be much easier if you've played the game, but I'll try my best.

In Myst(craft) there is thing called the Art, which allows one to write books or Descriptive Books to other worlds or Ages. How you Write these book will determine what kind of Age you'll get.
When you finish Writing a Descriptive Book there is a black panel in the book that's suppose to show you where your Linking too, (but this mod doesn't have that yet.) When you click on the panel it will take you to this other Age that you or someone else made. BUT here's the trick, the Descriptive Book you USE, STAYS BEHIND and is DROPPED on the the spot where you where standing. and can be DAMAGED or DESTROYED in the current Age it's in. So it's important to take care of your Descriptive/Linking Books and make backups, even in other Ages should you get stuck.
Now you can write a book that will return you, or a Linking Book, to your original world or Overworld (as I see people call them) or any other Age by simple placing a normal book in your 2X2 crafting slot to write the Linking Book for THE WORLD/AGE YOUR CURRENTLY IN. Using them will work the same way when using the Descriptive Book. So be sure to make a lot of them.
If you have a Linking Book in your Inventory but use a Descriptive Book to travel, then the Descriptive Book will be left behind, but the Linking Book WILL STAY WITH YOU. This is how your suppose to get back from going to new Ages.
If you don't have a Linking book when going to a new Age or didn't bring one and find your other Linking book is destroyed, you are now stuck in the Age you traveled too without any means to leave. The only why to leave is either by Death(I think this an option), finding a Star Fissure.(which are your best friends) Or have someone else who has a copy of your Descriptive Book come and bring a Linking Book. So it's important to stress this to everyone who's using the mod. Warn them if they go off on their own and get stuck with no way of getting them out it's there fault. I recommend sharing a few Ages so if you do get stuck others can come get you out, if the Linking and Descriptive Books to them get greifed and destroyed.

If you Write a Linking Book rather poorly or wrote it to have conflicting biomes, full of Diamonds, ect... the Age you wrote will become Unstable and slowly Decays until it's destroyed. The worse the conflicts the faster Decay spreads and consumes the Age. Once am Age is gone it stays gone. You can link back to a corrupted Age but I think you'll die. If you had a bunch of stuff in an Age and only one Descriptive Book to it and that gets destroyed. There is no way of getting back to that Age, it's gone. Or rather still in the servers memory but unreachable by normal means.

Now Writing the Linking Books you need to learn more Symbols that specify what the Age will be like. You can find these Symbols on pages in libraries in the Overworld or in libraries that are also in other Ages. Once you have the pages you can start making your own Age. Mind, in the beginning you'll have near no Symbol pages so the Ages you make will be randomized mostly. You can also copy Symbol pages and even Linking Books and give/trade them to others.
You can write some really cool stuff with Mystcraft, like an Eternal Night with two Moons and no Monsters but with The End stars in the sky with no weather. The other "on demand" pages like Diamond are going to be hard to find I'm told, so while some one can get there hands on one at some point and make an Age with nothing but Diamonds in it, it will be Unstable and start Decaying really fast. So you might want to either make it so No one can find those Pages and make it Sage only stuff, or just remove it entirely somehow.

I'll leave a link for you to read more about this mod, All that I said isn't enough to show you how it works. I also recommend playing Myst since it's not only fun but will help you understand how the mod works better.
http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Mystcraft

Or you can watch a few Videos on Mystcraft to better understand he mod...

Back to top Go down
harry1039800
Moblin
harry1039800

New SOTMS Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SOTMS Server   New SOTMS Server EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:49 pm

I had a few ideas what we can do with the spawn, as well as the rest of the world. I REALLY want to remake an entire LoZ game, yes it will take A VERRRY long time, but it will keep us busy; and quite popular I'de say. Look at Brohoof.com. they RECREATED all of Equestria, and they get TONS of people. the starting spawn could be the starting spawn of the specific LoZ we recreate. On the Xbox360 I remade the Goron Village in Spirit Tracks, but for whatever reason the save got corrupted and i had to delete it :'(
Back to top Go down
Shindokaku
Bokoblin
Shindokaku

New SOTMS Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SOTMS Server   New SOTMS Server EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 4:22 am

I'm going to be gone for about a week starting Thursday but once I get back I'll start working seriously on the new server.

I like Harry's idea of making a map and using the game's spawn area as the server spawn. Personally, I would like to build Majora's Mask but that's only because it's my favorite. The spawn could be in front of the clock tower... What are everyone else's thoughts? I wouldn't mind doing a different game. Ocarina of time would bey second choice if we did go through with this.
Back to top Go down
harry1039800
Moblin
harry1039800

New SOTMS Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SOTMS Server   New SOTMS Server EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 5:22 pm

If we go with this idea, essentially It would be for sages to vote on. but for the hell of it I'de also like to see what our remaining clan members think on the matter, after all, they're going to be playing in it. and since they've stayed with us through the rather long bout of inactivity, least we could do is have them have some say in the matter.
Back to top Go down
sauceboss10
Red ChuChu
sauceboss10

New SOTMS Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SOTMS Server   New SOTMS Server EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:47 pm

I think it is an awesome idea! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

New SOTMS Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SOTMS Server   New SOTMS Server EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:45 am

I like the idea of using clock town as our spawn. It's a nice circular town great for a spawn. Has four entrances at each main direction. We can build out from there and create the rest of Termina and the four areas can really be interesting if we give them limited biomes to make them look like there respected areas.

I still want to use FTB modpack for the server though.

Back to top Go down
Shindokaku
Bokoblin
Shindokaku

New SOTMS Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SOTMS Server   New SOTMS Server EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:30 pm

Tomorrow I shall set up a bukkit server with world edit so that we can begin making a legend of zelda spawn. Personally I don't really care what game or location you all choose but if there is anything else (plugins and whatnot) we might need for the server while building anything please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New SOTMS Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: New SOTMS Server   New SOTMS Server Empty

Back to top Go down

New SOTMS Server
Page 1 of 1