Society of the Master Sword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Society of the Master Sword

A Legend of Zelda centered Minecraft clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recreation of clocktown

Go down 
+6
Starlorb
SilentCobra
InfiniteAurora
Tamugetsu
DarkMemories
zephyriphoenix
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What style of clock town recreation should we do?
To scale exact as possible
Recreation of clocktown Vote_lcap39%Recreation of clocktown Vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
Larger with extra areas added in (but exact for original areas)
Recreation of clocktown Vote_lcap56%Recreation of clocktown Vote_rcap
 56% [ 10 ]
Stylized but not bothering with exact
Recreation of clocktown Vote_lcap5%Recreation of clocktown Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
A few landmarks and general shape
Recreation of clocktown Vote_lcap0%Recreation of clocktown Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Do not build Clock town
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

Recreation of clocktown Empty
PostSubject: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyThu May 12, 2011 4:55 pm

As an avid lover (addict) of MM I would like to propose a recreation of clocktown. While I would gladly help to recreate the entire world of Termina, I doubt many of us have the time to do so, and even if we did, it would be nigh impossible to plan. Clocktown is small enough that a recreation is not impossible, although I have no objections to making the recreation larger than the original clocktown that way there can be more houses, shops, etc inside clocktown, so long as the feel is still done towards MM and everything that is present in MM is present in the recreation. Doing it that way would also allow us to have personal houses, that while they could not be extravagant on the outside, could easily be decorated in any way inside. If people wish we could also create an undercity of sorts, where, as long as chambers are created for such places as the deku playground, under the clocktower, and the path to the observatory,anything could be built in a large underground chamber accesible perhaps only through disguised entrances, so that people new to the server would not even know of its existence.

Yes this is a big project, but I am willing to change any part of it, I simply want to create a part of MM's world, and as Clocktown is interesting because of the people in it, I want it to be an actual city ingame, not just a monument.

As I said in one thread I am not very skilled in planning large projects carefully, I am more skilled in small intricate buildings and contraptions. So If anyone is actually willing to plan out the city (even just the ground level so that buildings roads and such can be plotted out and finished later) I would gladly adopt that as the plan, no matter the alterations, and I will do what I can to help them build it.

Last edited by zephyriphoenix on Thu May 12, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkMemories
Green ChuChu
DarkMemories

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Yes.

Yes.

YES.

YES!

I'm all for it. xD I'd gladly help with the planning of the over-all things; I can generally get the scope of bigger things at a good scale and well done.
Though I do want to build a looping note-block recreation of the theme underneath the town, Clock Town's my second favorite theme in MM (Well, it slightly changes with each day, but not enough to warrant three different loops; but how awesome would it be if you could set a clock up on the right scale to shut off every ten minutes (night) and cycle through the loops sequentially every other 10 minutes/day? Very Happy).

So yes, absolutely this should be done. A Termina remake would be cool, but... Yeah, it's not like we don't have lives or anything xD
Back to top Go down
Tamugetsu
Moblin
Tamugetsu

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:37 pm

Yeah! Take the lemons!

Yes, I think this would be really cool. I'm no good at making plans and designs, though, I'm more of a guy who will have good ideas, but won't make a design beforehand. I kinda just do it, then mess with it until I like it. I can follow plans pretty well though, so I'll certainly help. Smile
Back to top Go down
InfiniteAurora
Boko Baba
InfiniteAurora

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:59 pm

I can get some red bull and build half of it in a night if you give me the blueprints
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/InfiniteAurora
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:06 pm

Well I'm glad people seem to be interested. We will need at least basic blueprints, so the first question is: what type of clocktown recreation should we do.
Back to top Go down
DarkMemories
Green ChuChu
DarkMemories

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Hmm, an approximation says I'm gonna need... at least 12 sheets of graph paper together at 1:1 scale. xD

Damn, that's gonna be quite the challenge. I'll take a stab at it this weekend; but I can honestly say I'm probably not gonna be able to get a nice, clean picture of the entire thing at 1:1 scale. 3:1 scale is possible, but it's not going to be quite as detailed. I'll see what I can do, I suppose.

Edit: Hmm... Well, my approximations are from about a little larger than a real 1:1 Clock Town would be, so I guess we can make a few tweaks to make it work at a slightly larger scale than the original.

Also, I could always make the town sections in partsfor easier scanning, but that wouldn't be quite as fun xD (well, and segments are harder to piece together. Again, I'll see what I can do.)

Last edited by DarkMemories on Thu May 12, 2011 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:13 pm

I dont think we need 1:1. Honestly 5:1 is probably more than enough
Back to top Go down
SilentCobra
Magtail
SilentCobra

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:13 pm

DAMMIT!! Y'ALL ARE MAKING ME WANT TO PLAY MM AGAIN! I know I said that I don't particularly care for MM, but it's not that MM isn't all bad. I did enjoy collecting the masks and getting the items and shit, but having to do quests that I've already done like over 9000 times did get a little old.

Overall MM is a nice game, and Termina did offer a nice alternative to Hyrule. Though the poison Deku swamp I could've done without. I did get the Mask of Truth and using that to talk to the Gossip Stones was really cool. Clocktown was a really neat and unique town in MM. A lot more in depth than Hyrule Castle Town Market was. Not to mention there's a bank feature. Which was really awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TrevorWestonSharpe
DarkMemories
Green ChuChu
DarkMemories

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Well, I suppose I can make two versions: make the 1:1 version, then scale it down for an alternative blueprint. I still want some way to upload the 1:1 version, though, 5:1 scale might make it look too... blocky.
Back to top Go down
Starlorb
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Starlorb

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Ok first would be finishing Temple of Time, first because I know what to use and I have already made it once, Then this should be a lot later... It would require us to have a lot of expierince with making exact replicas, Which im pretty sure not a lot of us are very expierienced! but sure, maybe not exact, but sure!
Back to top Go down
Kellosian
Miniblin

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:25 pm

I'd love to see it, but I think we should start smaller, like Link's treehouse in Oot, or something along those lines. You know, to get an idea on how to accomplish something like this.
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:56 pm

I understand your sentiment, but I feel that in order to have practice it has to be big, although it could be less complicated. Link's treehouse is small enough that a single person can build it, so it does not require coordination and planning (unless it is a part of a larger area). I think those two are the things which we need practice with. While it might not be a good idea to start with clocktown, we might try something like a dungeon from LoZ. They are simple and everyone would have easy access to a map. We could also allow creativity in representing the different rooms, as long as the dimensions were correct. The entire project would be very short compared to clock town, but would still give practice if we did it in sections. ie
1. people dig out outer wall of the rooms, so the dungeon has a shape.
2. people clear out the insides of rooms.
3. ceilings floors and walls are removed and replaced with appropriate blocks.
4. wholes in floors are filled with water/lava or made deeper to be pits.
5. statues (probably pillars) are placed in correct areas.
This is not quite a mega project, as I know many people that have done things which were larger and more complex on their own, but it still would allow practice in working together off of blueprints and in construction in steps. It also has the advantage of allowing each builder some creativity in the decorations as LoZ is top down and does not show much detail.
Back to top Go down
Ghostwolf20
Red ChuChu
Ghostwolf20

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:57 pm

Yes build it as close as we possibly can to the real Clock Town. Though like everything build in MineCraft we need a very large flat space which we will have to make ourselves. Though hey it's clock town honestly I'd spend all day working on the Hyrule Market Razz
Back to top Go down
DarkMemories
Green ChuChu
DarkMemories

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Clock Town beats the shit out of Hyrule Castle Town of any game. better music, characters, larger, and hell, 20% of the story and 80% of the non-story takes place there.
Back to top Go down
SilentCobra
Magtail
SilentCobra

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:31 pm

He's got a point. The bulk of MM is all the friggin' sidequests and whatnot. Those take place in Clocktown or the the start of Termina field. :\ Overall, I say go for it.
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyMon May 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Well so far we seem to be deadlocked between wanting an exact replica, and an expanded version with exact sections. Either way though the clocktower would end up being the exact same, so I think we should start working on a blueprint of the clocktower. there are a few things which I think are important to consider/ find out.
1. size on the inside is greatly different from size on the outside, so we need to decide how to deal with this.
2. we need dimensions.
3. We need the outside width, length and estimates on height.
4. We need the inside width length and depth estimates.
5. Depending on the total height of the tower, we may need to plan what z level to make the ground level of the city.

I see two solutions to #1
1. after going through the door drop down several z levels. Make it look black by making the walls in the laddewell (idk if thats a word) obsidian so it looks like a loading screen.
2. Assue that the outside is meant to be a representation in the game and was not shown to scale. By using the inside size estimates scale up the tower. (this may or may not look good, and lends itself more towards the expanded version of clock town. It does however make the tower larger allowing for much more detail in construction.

I am not changing the poll to reflect these decisions, as I still think it is more important for us to decide what type of recreation we should do. Anyway, I want to hear peoples oppinions on what we should do. I will work on the estimates, but the tower will definitely end up better if we have several sets of estimates to compare.
Back to top Go down
Jbkarate9
Miniblin

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Zeph, I'm a good builder give me blueprints I can have that done in a day.
Back to top Go down
DarkMemories
Green ChuChu
DarkMemories

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm gonna try my hand at the Clock Tower in a sec, if it tuns out any good I'll save a schematic.
Back to top Go down
DarkMemories
Green ChuChu
DarkMemories

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyWed May 18, 2011 3:20 pm

Finished! Here's a picture:

Recreation of clocktown 2011-05-17_220027

The soul sand is just because I couldn't find a better analog for the brown stone. (Dirt was too light and not really stone-y enough, but I think sould sand is too dark. I think a texture pack is the only really good fix for this...) Also, the stairs are going to be fixed once it goes into the actually thing, and I'll try and find a replacement for the doors if possible. I do think the rest turned out really cool though (basically, the clock, the top, and also the pumpkin standing as that shield-thing on the front).

Anyway, suggestions? I can get a schematic if everyone likes it, and probably more pictures as well, but I'm fairly sure there's some things that can/should be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:21 am

I do like the look of the clocktower, but I am not sure if soulsand is a good block to use.

The poll hasn't changed in quite a bit and so I am going to break down the votes as I see them.

currently the poll is:
6 exact
6 expanded
1 stylized

So basicaly we have 12 votes for making all the indiviidual buildings exact, and 7 votes for having the town as a whole not be exact. Now I don't think 7:6 is a large enough margin to decide on, but I personally want to build the expanded version, so since I proposed this project and it is a very slight majority, for now we are going with the expanded version of clock town. If anyone wants to make a sketch of how they think clocktown should be expanded please feel free. Remember if we expand it we should have a residential district somewhere. If we end up getting an influx of votes for the exact version we will switch to building that, but for now the city layout is still in planning.

More importantly I would like to start constructing the buildings of clocktown. Now this may seem odd as we don't have a place to put them, but on the server we have the ability to copy and paste buiildings, so if it is built anywhere it can be copied into its correct spot in clocktown.

To make things easier I plan on creating a large underground construction area where people can build the various buildings, and improve on other peoples designs if they wish. If multiple versions of a building are made we can vote on which one to include in the final version once the layout is designed and the area prepared.
Back to top Go down
SilentCobra
Magtail
SilentCobra

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:36 am

Wait a second, we can copy/pasta buildings on this server? o_0 Can anyone do that or is it just mods/admins?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:58 am

I think only ops/admins can, but most people seem to be ops right now. and as long as you know how it doesn't take too long, so even when only the sages can, it shouldn't be too hard to move the buildings.
Back to top Go down
Kellosian
Miniblin

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:52 pm

How do I do that? I'm an Op and the Wisdom Sage, so I think I should know how to do that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Commands are:
//pos1 (set first point where you are standing)
//pos2 (set second point where you are standing)
//copy (copies collection paste clipboard)
//paste (pastes from clipboard, I think to the new area you selected, but i'm not sure)

also helpful are

//hpos1
//hpos2
same first two except sets points to block you are targeting.

there are a bunch more but these and the others are all listed in the /help pages.
Back to top Go down
Kellosian
Miniblin

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recreation of clocktown   Recreation of clocktown Empty

Back to top Go down

Recreation of clocktown
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Society of the Master Sword :: Ancient Hyrule :: General Discussion :: Mega projects-
Jump to: