Society of the Master Sword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Society of the Master Sword

A Legend of Zelda centered Minecraft clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sage Applications

Go down 
+14
ghostkitten2
Starlorb
Heirpresumptive
opkid1
harry1039800
CDi-Fails
LinkLove123
yugimon
tyleh
Azurebolts
SilentCobra
zephyriphoenix
Tamugetsu
Admin
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:31 pm

This is a compendium of sage applications, so that they may be easily reviewed when a new sage spot opens up. Please repost sage applications from the minecraftforum thread here. If you believe it is relevant you may post your initial application as well. Do not ask questions in this thread. Do not discuss applications in this thread. This is merely a centralized location for all sage applications so that they do not get overlooked.

Current Sages that are open (available)
Spirit

But you can still post applications if there are no spots open and they will be reviewed when a spot opens up.

Current sage application format: (copied from mcforums op)
7 Sage Council application (1 spot open)
(You may apply even if full, and your application will be considered when there is a vacancy)
(please be elaborate in your responses, many people can list correct answers few can explain in depth)
hint questions are not limited to OoT

1) What are the 7 sages?
2) What are the goddess's names and what is each the goddess of?
3) What types of sages are there (e.g. the fire sage)?
4) Which Sage would you like to be, and why?:

For reference most of the sages have reposted their applications in the next few pages, so if you are q=wondering what is being looked for you can see what has been accepted in the past.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tamugetsu
Moblin
Tamugetsu

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:53 pm

ACCEPTED AS FOREST SAGE
And now, the guy who makes the snazzy sigs wants to have some political powah! Throwing my green, pointed hat in the ring for Forest Sage, here's my application:

6) What are the 7 sages?

7 Guardians of Hyrule, 6 of whom possess medallions Link must obtain in OoT:

Rauru, Sage of Light
Saria, Forest Sage
Darunia, Fire Sage
Princess Ruto, Water Sage
Impa of the Sheikah, Sage of Shadow
Nabooru, Sage of Spirit
Princess Zelda, Leader of the Sages

(And the only one who doesn’t end up getting themselves in way too deep and needing rescuing is Rauru. And maybe Ruto, it’s unclear what happens to her in the water temple, but that doesn’t matter because Link already saved her from being digested by a fish 7 years ago. You manage to save Nabooru, only to have her get immediately kidnapped again by the same two crazy sisters. Sages – can’t live with ‘em, can’t save Hyrule without ‘em.)

While they are NOT members of the 7 Sages, it may be important to note the existence of Two Sages of the Master Sword, featured in Wind Waker. They pray to the gods to maintain the evil-banishing power of the Master Sword. Each has been killed prior to obtaining the Sword ingame, and a new Sage is named before the game’s conclusion:

Fado, Sage of Wind, passes the torch on to Makar, the most annoying partner ever.
(Unlike with Medli, who has a life she must abandon, I’m glad Makar stays in the temple forever. I’m not fond of hi- I’m applying to be the Forest Sage, aren’t I? Shoot.)
I LOVE MAKAR! TOTALLY. YUP. LOVE HIM TO BITS.

Seriously though, I love all forest creatures - except Makar. OK, he's slightly cute, but that's it. He's a brat.

Laruto, Sage of Earth, is succeeded by the evolutionarily confusing Medli.
(The WATER-dwelling EARTH sage’s race adapts to the OCEAN by growing WINGS? Ok, Nintendo, that makes total sense. Except they don’t grow wings, they grow beaks, and happen to find a friendly dragon who has the power to give people wings. Now that I think of it, that would have been a WAY better item to have gotten from that temple. Not the grappling hook – though I do love it – WINGS. )

7)what are the goddess's name and what is each the goddess of?

Goddess of Power, Din
Sage Applications DinBanner01
Goddess of Wisdom, Nayru
Sage Applications NayruBanner01who
Goddess of Courage, Farore
Sage Applications FaroreBanner01who

(I have nothing special to say about the goddesses, other than that they’re connected to more magical objects than you can shake a Deku stick at. Mostly because Deku sticks don’t exist, but still. The triforce, the pearls, possibly the Rod of Seasons and the Harp of Ages, Dr. Who’s time-traveling bell at the top of the tower of the gods, etc. Not to mention the lovely little spells they give you in Ocarina of Time.)

Cool What type of sages are their (i.e. the fire sage)

Lol, already answered this one - but Ok:
Light, Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, Spirit, Sage Leader/Wisdom (Zelda)
Because you just said ‘sages’, I’ll include the master sword sages too:
Earth, Wind

(I'm doing this to make sure our council is complete zelda nerds)
9)Which Sage would you like to be?: I'd like to [s]cosplay as[/s] be the Forest Sage, Saria. If I were the first person to apply to this clan, I would have applied to be the Forest Sage. My favorite color is literally called Forest Green. While I live in the suburbs, my house is basically in a small forest. In Pokemon games, I always choose the grass starter, (Serperior ftw) my room is painted green, my bedspread is green, and my carpet is green, as are 70% of my shirts. It's kind of a problem, actually, I can never find another color to wear. Smile I also like gardening, though I don't get to do it often. Anyway, I hope you'll consider me for Forest Sage!

Yeah, I know I sound a little cynical, but those are the kinds of things I say while I play video games. As a person, I’m actually very kind and helpful, as those who know me from the old clan will tell you. I was always ready to give newcomers a tour of the server, I gave Minecraft beginners help on the forums, and I tried to resolve arguments whenever they arose (even with Marshin, to an extent, but when he was unreasonable, I stopped reasoning with him and opposed him directly). I love Zelda, I love Minecraft, and most importantly I love the people of this clan, who have been so kind and welcoming to me, and I want to help them in any way I can. I would like to be the Forest Sage for this reason, but if I lose the position to someone else, I will hold no grudge and continue to work alongside them for the good of the clan, to ensure that all members continue to have fun in Minecraft with people who share their love of Zelda. I hope that this clan succeeds where the last one failed, and as a witness to that failure, I believe that I can help maintain this clan’s success. Thank you, and have a great day!

*EDIT*
Oops, I forgot to mention - see the guy in my icon? That's Kurama, from Yu Yu Hakasho. He has the power to manipulate plants, is often seen carrying a rose (which he can make into a whip) and has killed many people with flowers. He is my favorite character on Yu Yu Hakasho, which is my favorite anime - because of it's amazing characters. One of the reasons that he is my favorite character is that he is one of the weakest characters in terms of the anime's power levels, but he is feared by even the most powerful beings in the series, all of which are more powerful then a nuclear bomb. Pimento.
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Even if you are already a sage please post your application here with "Accpeted as **** Sage" at the top so that people can see what it is that is being looked for in sages ie creativity in answering the questions eg not just one sentence but correct answers.

Eventually accepted as seventh sage

Well I'm also applying for the sage position, though I've not been accepted to the clan yet (or at least not added to the members list) The first part of my application is back a few pages and I introduced myself there for all those who don't know me. Anyway, back on topic:

Sage Application

6) What are the 7 sages:

The seven sages are a group of people who protect hyrule from potential and realized threats. The seven sages appear in OoT and Link must free the temples and allow the sages to awaken so that they can help Link to seal Gannondorf. These are in fact replacement sages as all but two of the seven sages (Rauru, and Zelda) from the beginning of OoT are murdered by Gannondorf while Link is sleeping after grasping the master sword. Six sages are shown in TP although it can be assumed that the position of the seventh sage is handed down with the Triforce of wisdom and that Zelda was once again the seventh sage. In TP only one of the original sages is murdered. The sage’s names are taken from AoL wherein they are the names of towns and cities. In OoT the sages lend link their power (though there is no change in Link’s strength) and in more existent ways created a bridge to allow link to enter Gannondorf’s castle, dispel barriers blocking access to the tower and seal Gannondorf away at the end of the game. In TP the six sages attempt to kill Gannondorf before he assaults hyrule, but perhaps due to the bond of the triforce piece transceding the changes to time enacted at the end of OoT, Gannondorf survives with the triforce of power (which in that timestream he had never come in contact with and which should have still been enshrined in the sacred realm along with the other two pieces of the triforce). Gannondorf kills one of the sages and is then banished to the twilight realm. The sages are closely related to the 7 maidens seen in games such as LttP and FSA, who are also kidnapped and must be rescued by Link. There are also as Tamugetsu mentioned two sages in WW, the earth and air sages Medli and Makar.

There are three goddesses Mentioned in OoT:
Din goddess of power
Nayru goddess of wisdom
Farore goddess of courage

In MM there are several mentions of the goddess of time who is unnamed

There is also speculation by some that there may be demigods in several of the games.

The two most prominent are kaepora gaebora from OoT and MM and several other games as well as the masksalesman also from OoT and MM

Kaepora geabora is more commonly believed to be the sage of light rauru (at least in OoT).

The masksalesman seems to be a normal person in OoT, however it is made obvious that he is not to anyone who has played MM as he does such things as remember events that happenend on previous cycles, produce a giant pipe organ from nothing, literally disappear at the end of the game, get referenced by the children living inside the moon, uncover MM in the first place, recognize Link as a hylian even though he is cursed, and dispels Link’s curse with a song. However, while it is obvious that he is magical, it is speculation purely when some people say he is a god/demigod.

Din Nayru and farore upon departing hyrule left behind the triforce, each piece being a conduit of sorts for the powers of one of them. Din and Nayru are also seen as oracles in the OoX games and Din Naryru and farore appears as dancers in MC. While these are most likely not the goddesses themselves it can certainly be surmised that they are closely related, perhaps in that the goddesses chose to give them the magical abilities which they all demonstrate.

Cool What type of sages are their (i.e. the fire sage)

In OoT there are seven sages
1. The sage of light Rauru (possibly kaepora gaebora, hylian)
2. The sage of forest Saria (Link’s childhood friend, kokiri)
3. The sage of fire Darunia (Link’s sworn brother, goron)
4. The sage of water Ruto (Link’s fiancĂ©, Zoran)
5. The sage of spirit Nabooru (2nd in command of the gerudo (after gannondorf), gerudo)
6. The sage of shadow Impa (Caretaker of Zelda, sheikah)
7. “the seventh sage and leader of them all” Zelda (princess of hyrule, hylian)

In WW there are two sages
1. The air sage Makar (musician and “friend” of Link (I hated him), korok (descendents of kokiri))
2. The Earth sage Medli (Translator for valoo, rito (descendents of Zoras)

9)Which Sage would you like to be?:

I would Like to be the sage of forest. I am fond of forests and as an eagle scout and member of the order the arrow I have spent a lot of time in them. One of my next favorite things happens to be old castles, though I’ve not been to one only seen pictures Sad , And the forest temple is both an old castle and one with an awesome set of gravity and twisting hallways.

Oh as a note, I apologize if anything is misspelled or if some of the minor facts were wrong, I wrote this from memory as I thought this should be about what we knew not just what we could research., although that does show dedication, and is most certainly not bad.

EDIT:

I realized after I posted on the minecraft froum thread that I stupidly forgot to mention the only cannon god I know of, The Fierce Diety. I had forgotten him because while he is considered an evil god, he is sealed inside a mask, so he never acts on his own.
Back to top Go down
SilentCobra
Magtail
SilentCobra

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyWed May 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Mod Edit: Since you posted an updated version i moved this into a spoiler box so it doesnt take up space.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TrevorWestonSharpe
SilentCobra
Magtail
SilentCobra

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 3:41 pm

Accepted as spirit sage

Repost of my previous Sage Application, only for Sage of Wisdom.

Well I guess since Kell is resigning from the clan, that means it's time to find another Wisdom Sage. In that case, please allow me to be the first to kick things off with the applications.

6) What are the 7 sages

They are the ancient guardians of the Sacred Realm and are housed within the Chamber of the Sages which is located deep within the Temple of Light which is at the heart of the Temple of Time. They also have the power to seal away Ganondorf in the Shadow Realm when Zelda pins him in his Ganon form for Link to make the final blow. They are in this order: Saria the Sage of the Forest who is awakened after Link seals the evil in the Forest Temple.

Darunia the Sage of Fire who is Link's Sworn Brother who got rid of the Dodongo's when he went to collect the Goron's Ruby and then collected the Megaton Hammer from the Fire Temple to defeat Volvaiga.

Ruto the Sage of Water, who was to be Link's wife because she gave him the Zora's Engagement Ring(Zora's Sapphire) after defeating Electro Anemone: Barinade.

Impa Sage of Shadow. She is also Princess Zelda's Attendant and she taught Link Zelda's Lullaby which has helped him in many occasions. Also she trains Princess Zelda as a Shiekah Warrior.

Nabooru Sage of Spirit she was the original leader of the Gerudo's until the 100 years had passed and Ganondorf was born. As by their law, they have to bow down to Ganondorf. However, Nabooru would never submit to the Evil King. So she went to the Desert Colossus to get the Iron Gauntlets from the Spirit Temple to help defeat Twinrova, Koume and Kotake.

Raru Sage of Light told Link that he had been sealed in the Sacred Realm, in the Chamber of the Sages for 7 years since he pulled the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time in the Temple of Time. The Chamber of the Sages is located deep within the Temple of Light within the Temple of Time.

Last but not least, there is Princess Zelda who helps Link when Ganon is about to be dealt the death blow, and she is the Sage of Wisdom. Not only that, she disguised herself as Sheik, a member of the Shadow People, the Sheikah and taught Link all the warp songs. The first was the Minute of Forest after Link acquired the Hookshot from Danmpe's Grave in Kakoriko's Graveyard. Then Sheik taught Link the Bolero of Fire to warp him to the Death Mountain Crater. After Link makes his way through the Ice Cavern and acquires the Iron Boots, Sheik appears and teaches him the Serenade of Water. Upon Link's return to Kakoriko Village, the Phantom Shadow Beast: Bongo Bongo breaks the seal on the bottom of the well and starts roaming the village, as if searching for something. Link readies his sword and shield, but to no avail. He is grabbed and then thrown to the ground. That's when the screen goes black. When he comes to, Sheik teaches him the Nocturne of Shadow to gain access to the Shadow Temple. When Link gains his membership to the Gerudo's Fortress after saving all four carpenters, he sets out to the Haunted Wasteland where only the Eye of Truth will lead him on the right path to the Desert Colossus. Upon entering the Spirit Temple and reading the tablets, we learn that we are to go back in time to get the Iron Gauntlets. When Link exits the Temple, Sheik appears one last time to teach him the Requiem of Spirit.

Actually, there's only 5 Races in Hyrule. The Sheikah are not their own race. They are the Hylian equivalent of Ninjas, if you will. After all, Zelda is Hylian, but she trained as a Sheikah warrior. Their symbol is a crying eye which symbolizes a betrayal at some point between the Royal Family and the Sheikah whom were sworn to protect the Royal Family. They used to have just an Eye as their symbol. But after the betrayal, they added the tear. The eye symbolizes their search for the truth. They even built the Shadow Temple. Yet no one knows exactly why they did that.

Before time began, before spirits and life existed...Three golden goddesses descended upon the chaos that was Hyrule...

Din, Goddess of Power...with her strong flaming arms cultivated the land and created the red earth.

Farore, Goddess of Courage...with her rich soul produced all the life forms who would uphold the law.

Nyru, Goddess of Wisdom...poured her wisdom onto the Earth and gave the spirit of law to the world.

Cool What type of sages are there? (i.e. the fire sage)

1. Light
2. Forest
3. Fire
4. Water
5. Spirit
6. Shadow
7. Wisdom

(I'm doing this to make sure our council is made out of complete Zelda nerds)

Sage of the Wisdom as I like to think of myself as wise and a person upon whom others can look to for guidance when the time comes. I am a loyal person and I would never do anything to betray anyone in the clan.
Back to top Go down
Azurebolts
Miniblin

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:34 pm

just going put this up for fun probably not going to get the position

6) What are the 7 sages = Rauru (Sage of Light),Saria (Sage of Forest),Darunia (Sage of Fire),Princess Ruto (Sage of Water),Nabooru (Sage of Spirit),Impa (Sage of Shadow), and Zelda (the Seventh Sage)

7)what are the goddess's name and what is each the goddess of? Din goddess of power contains the elements of earth and fire, Nayru is the goddess of wisdom also contains elements of water and time, and Farore the goddess of courage and her elements are wind and forest

Cool What type of sages are their (i.e. the fire sage) Light(found in the temple of time), Forest (found in the sacrad Meadow or Lost woods), Fire(found in Death Mountain), Water (found in the bottom of Lake Hyalia), Shadow (found deep in the well of Kakkoriko Village or in its Graveyard), Spirit (found in the Garudo Desert inside the Twin colossus), and the leader/wisdom (found in Hyrule Castle) (ocarina of time) / (Wind Waker) Earth, and Wind.

9)Which Sage would you like to be?: its up in the air for me but i would love to be ether Earth or Water IF Earth is available that is.
Back to top Go down
tyleh
Miniblin

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:26 pm

Accepted as Water sage
then later removed for innactivity

Here goes nothing!

6] What are the 7 sages?

The sages of the Legend of Zelda series are ancient wise men and women who first united their powers to seal the King of Evil away to prevent him from using the Triforce to rule over Hyrule. If you believe in the split timeline theory and that Ocarina of Time is chronologically the first game that mentions sages, then the following sages are the first in a long line of descendants who defend Hyrule throughout its history. Notably A Link to the Past also mentions sages' descendants and therefore follows that it is probably a later game. However it is possible that sages existed before Ocarina of Time. Rauru, however, is indubitably a member of the original group of sages, although it is uncertain whether the remaining 6 were.

For the Ocarina of Time, in order they are acquired, they are:

1. Rauru, Sage of Light
Link meets Rauru in the Temple of Light once he has opened the Door of Time in the Temple of Time and pulled the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time. After attempting to wield the Master Sword, Link is placed into limbo inside the Sacred Realm where he is protected from Ganondorf as he ages 7 years until he is old enough to use the Blade of Evil's Bane. Upon awakening from his limbo, Rauru adds his own powers to Link's and grants him the Light Medallion, and explains the evils that have transgressed in the 7 years since Link first pulled the Master Sword, including how Link had unwittingly given the thief king access to the Triforce when he opened the Door of Time. However, he explains that the Triforce was split due to the evil in Ganondorf's heart, and that he must not be allowed to reunite all 3 pieces. Rauru then sets him out on a quest to rescue the remaining sages, who, although they have been called to gather in the temple, are unable to answer because of the growing evil in Hyrule. Therefore, Link must conquer the bosses of the 5 dungeons to save the remaining sages.

2. Saria, Sage of Forest
Saria is Link's childhood friend from the Kokiri Forest. She is the first humanoid character that engages in dialogue with Link at the beginning of Ocarina of Time. As Link leaves Kokiri Forest for the first time, Saria gives Link his first ocarina, the Fairy Ocarina, and later teaches him Saria's Song which allows him to communicate with his friend regardless of where he is in Hyrule. As a native of Kokiri Forest, she can never age, and will always retain her childlike appearance, so it is unknown exactly how old she is. Saria confesses that she knew Link would one day leave Kokiri Forest as well as age, since he is actually Hylian and was brought to the Deku Tree to spare him from a Hylian civil war. After Link pulls the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time, Rauru tells Link that one of his old friends is a sage and needs to be rescued. Once Link conquers the Forest Temple, he saves Saria from Phantom Ganon and Saria awards Link with the Forest Medallion, adding her power to his.

3. Darunia, Sage of Fire
Darunia is a Sworn Brother to the King of Hyrule and leader of the gorons in Goron City. When Link first meets Darunia, he is locked in his room in Goron City. Taking advantage of his love for music, Link played Zelda's Lullaby to open the chamber and Saria's Song to cause him to dance wildly. Darunia then confesses that he needs Link to kill the monsters in Dodongo's Cavern, where gorons like to eat tasty rocks. To do so, he gives Link the Goron Bracelet to help him pick up bombs and bomb flowers. After killing King Dodongo, Darunia awards Link the Goron's Ruby, the Spiritual Stone of Fire, needed to unlock the Door of Time in the Temple of Time and proclaims Link his Sworn Brother for his service to the gorons. Later, once Link has freed Saria, he returned to Death Mountain to conquer the Fire Temple, rescuing Darunia from Volvagia the dragon, and received the Fire Medallion and Darunia's added power for his efforts.

4. Ruto, Sage of Water
Ruto is the princess of the zora tribe that resides in Zora's Domain. Link meets her as she is attempting to recover the Spiritual Stone of Water/the Zora's Engagement Ring/Zora's Sapphire, from the bowels of Jabu-Jabu. After rewarding Link with the stone for his help, she informs him that he must now be married to her, as the stone is a symbol of engagement among her people. Later, after Link rescues Darunia from the Fire Temple, Link meets an aged (and quite attractive) Ruto in the Water Temple (grrr) in the depths of Lake Hylia. Intending to make good of her promise to marry Link, she yet again wanders off into the bowels of the temple. Once Link fights and defeats Morpha, Link rescues Princess Ruto and she gives him the Water Medallion in the Temple of Light.

5. Impa, Sage of Shadow
Impa is Zelda's caretaker. Once Link infiltrates Hyrule Castle as a child, she helps Link to escape after hearing Zelda's story, and teaches him Zelda's Lullaby. She is a member of the Sheikah, commonly miscontrued as a separate race from Hylians, although this is not true. Once Link arrives at the gates of Hyrule holding the 3 Spiritual Stones required to open the Door of Time, Impa guards Zelda from Ganondorf as they both escape to Hyrule Field while Ganondorf interrogates Link. Little is seen or heard from Impa until Link defeated Bongo Bongo in the Shadow Temple, rescued her, and acquired the Shadow Medallion.

6. Nabooru, Sage of Spirit
Nabooru is the second-in-command of the Gerudos, a race of thief-women who give birth to a male child only once in 100 years. The latest of these children is Ganondorf, the King of Thieves. When a young Link meets Nabooru in the Desert Colossus, she is attempting to retrieve an unnamed treasure for her own. Later as an adult, he again met Nabooru in the Spirit Temple, although this time disguised as an Iron Knuckle by Koume and Kotake, who combined were known as Twinrova. After cutting away at Nabooru's armor and allowing her to regain her free will, she is captured again by Koume and Kotake. Link defeated them separately and again as Twinrova, saving Nabooru and earning the Spirit Medallion.

7. Zelda, Sage of Wisdom
Zelda is the daughter of the king and Princess of Hyrule. She is the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom. Zelda tells Link of the threat of Ganondorf and of the Spiritual Stones, Temple of Time, and Master Sword after Link meets her in Hyrule Castle's courtyard. Her caretaker is Impa of the Sheikah, who teaches Link Zelda's Lullaby. Once Link successfully acquires the Spiritual Stones, Zelda flees from Hyrule Castle with Impa, throwing the Ocarina of Time into Hyrule Castle's moat. Once he dives for it, a vision of Zelda occurs to Link and she teaches him the final key to the Door of Time: the Song of Time, played using the Ocarina of Time. Later, Zelda meets an unknowing Link multiple times disguised as Sheik, teaching him multiple warp songs to each of the temples. Once Link saves all the other sages, she reveals herself to be Zelda in the Temple of Time, but is captured by Ganondorf. Link saves her from her crystal prison in Ganondorf's tower, but Ganondorf uses his own Triforce piece to crush the castle and revive into Ganon, a mighty behemoth. After wounding him sufficiently, Zelda calls on the power of the other 6 sages to once again seal the evil of Ganon in the Sacred Realm, thus concluding Ocarina of Time.

In other games, there is also mention of sages. In A Link to the Past, the seven maidens are the descendants of the original sages and thus hold the only power that can successfully seal Ganon to the Dark Realm once more. In addition, several men are described as such descendants: Sahasrahla, Aginah, and one unnamed elderly man who gives Link the Magic Mirror.

There are also four sages in Wind Waker: Laruto and Medli are Sages of Earth, and Fado and Makar are Sages of Wind. These sages functioned to restore power to the Master Sword to finally defeat Ganondorf.

Majora's Mask makes no mention of sages, although the Four Giants do function similarly to sages in Termina's culture. Being separate from Hyrule, they have no connection to the original sages. In all probability, the entirity of Majora's Mask is probably a dream. (I can explain this later.)

7] What are the goddess's name and what is each the goddess of?

Din, Goddess of Power, generally recognized by the red aura surrounding her. She created red earth and created mountains, hills, valleys, etc.
Fayrore, Goddess of Courage, recognized by her green aura. She created all life in Hyrule.
Nayru, Goddess of Wisdom, recognized by her blue aura. She created the law of Hyrule, and essentially established its moral code.

Together, these things completed, they left Hyrule after leaving a combined piece of themselves behind: the Triforce.

8] What type of sages are their (i.e. the fire sage)?

Light
Forest
Fire
Water
Shadow
Spirit
Wisdom

Earth
Wind

9] Which Sage would you like to be?
Gender issues aside (I'm male), I would like to be either the Sage of Wisdom or the Sage of Water. I like to think I'm fairly wise and calculated, so I think that the Sage of Wisdom would be the best fit for me, although my second choice is water. I've always loved to be around water in which I can swim, so having mastery over the waves would be really neat. Very Happy

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
yugimon
Miniblin
yugimon

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:45 pm

1) your IGN: yugimon8
2) Why do you love zelda?: because is magical yet realistic in a way and is the epicest game ever!!!!!!!!
3) What is your favorite Zelda game and what games do you own: favorite: wind walker or twilight princess because u get to be a wolf! rest: phantom hourglass, spirit traks, four sword, and every zelda manga.
4) Do you SWEAR you will not sell us out or grief? YES!
5) Age?: 14
6) What are the 7 sages: gaurdeans of hyrule and the triforce
7)what are the goddess's name and what is each the goddess of?:din power and creator of red earth nayru:wisdom and creator of law farore: curage and creator of creatures to uphold the law
Cool What type of sages are their (i.e. the fire sage): fire water forest light shadow spirit wisdom
9)Which Sage would you like to be?:fire because it has the power to create and destroy "fire is the spark of life"dont know who wrote that or wisdom because it is true strangth " battle are foght with power but wars are won with wisdom" dont know who wrote that
sorry for typos!
note my avatar is my failed adtemped at a orange link oufit
Back to top Go down
LinkLove123
Miniblin

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Sage app   Sage Applications EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:58 pm

(1-5 normal application)
6) What are the 7 sages-Princess Zelda, Leader of the Sages, Rauru, Sage of Light, Saria, Sage of Forest, Darunia, Sage of Fire, Princess Ruto, Sage of Water, Impa, Sage of Shadow, Nabooru, Sage of Spirit.
7)what are the goddess's name and what is each the goddess of?-Din, The power Goddess, Farore, Goddess of Courage, Nayru, Goddess of Wisdom.
What type of sages are their (i.e. the fire sage)-the light Sage, the Forest sage, the Fire sage, the water sage, the shadow sage, the spirit sage, the Wisdom sage.
9)Which Sage would you like to be?: Wisdom/Main Sage
Back to top Go down
CDi-Fails
Miniblin

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:09 pm

1) CDi_Fails

2) I love Zelda because it was one of my first games, and it has a universe of it's own that you can learn about, not to mention it just has amazing gameplay.

3) My favorite game is Ocarina of Time, and I own LoZ, ALttP, OoT, MM, WW, TP, SSB (Link), SSBM (Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf), SSBB (Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link), Soul Caliber 2 (GC Version, Link)

4) I will not "sell you out", nor will I grief.

5) 15

6) Rauru (Light), Saria (Forest), Darunia (Fire), Ruto (Water), Impa (Shadow), Nabooru (Spirit), and Zelda (Wisdom)

And if you meant who/what do the Sages do, the Sages are the predecessors to the Seven Maidens, and they are meant to protect the Sacred Realm from evil from inside the Chamber of Sages (inside Temple of Light).

7) Nayru, Din, and Farore. Nayru created law, Din created the Earth's terrain, and Farore created life. In magic representation, Nayru is healing, Din is fire, and Farore is warping. To be specific, Nayru is the Goddess of Wisdom, Din is the Goddess of Power, and Nayru is the Goddess of Courage.

8 ) Light, Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, Spirit, and Wisdom/Zelda

9) Well let's say Zelda is dead, so I'd be Wisdom.

Also, if you want the Sages from Wind Waker that powered the Master Sword, you'd have Fado (Wind) and Laruto (Earth), who both passed on their powers to Makaar and Medli.
Back to top Go down
harry1039800
Moblin
harry1039800

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:29 pm

Accepted as Light Sage

1) your IGN: Harry1039800
2) Why do you love zelda?: Becuase it has to be the BEST game Ive ever played, I enjoy the puzzles and the storyline. I Grew up with the franchise, and still love it.
3) What is your favorite Zelda game and what games do you own (this wont have an affect on anything but rank): My favorite has to be Twilight Princess(for the Wii),I also own a Link to the Past, Twilight Princess(gamecube),Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, going to buy Skyward Sword, and i used to own Majora's Mask as a toddler, but never really understood the story then xD
4) Do you SWEAR you will not sell us out or grief?: I sWEAR not to sell out or greif.
5) Age?: 17

7 Sage Council application
(1-5 normal application)
6) What are the 7 sages: Impa- Shadow, Rauru- Light, Saria- Forest, Ruto- Water, Nabooru- Spirit, Darunia- Fire, and Zelda- Wisdom/Leader
7)what are the goddess's name and what is each the goddess of?: Din, Goddess of Power/Red Earth; Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom/Creator of Laws; and Farore, Goddess of Courage/Creator of the Lifeorms that uphold the laws.
8 ) What type of sages are their (i.e. the fire sage): Shadow, Fire, Water, Wisdom, Light, Spirit, and Forest.
9)Which Sage would you like to be?: Water would be perfect, seeing as its my element =D
Back to top Go down
opkid1
Miniblin

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:18 pm

(1-5 normal application)
6) What are the 7 sages the 7 sages are basically the peace keepers of Hyrule and in OoT link has to awaken all 7 so they can help him defeat Ganondorf, also known as the great king of gerudos and evil.

7)what are the goddess's name and what is each the goddess of? Din is the goddess of power and created the terrain of Hyrule. Farore is the goddess of courage and gave life to Hyrule. Lastly Nayru the goddess of wisdom gave law and order to Hyrule. This is all according to the great deku tree and all of his wisdom and greatness.

Cool What type of sages are their: the sages are (in order from when you meet them) the sage of light Rauru, the sage of forest Saria, the sage of fire Daria, the sage of water princess Ruto, the sage of shadow Impa, the sage of spirit Nabooru, and finally the leader of the sages or as you put her the sage of wisdom princess Zelda.

9)Which Sage would you like to be?:i guess I'm being forced to be Zelda. Razz
Back to top Go down
Heirpresumptive
Red ChuChu

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Accepted as Shadow Sage

hello blaster star

1) your IGN-heirpresumptive
2) Why do you love zelda? i love zelda because eversince i was like six ive been addicted to the games i just love the feeling of exploration and the "horayy we saved the world" feeling from them.
3) What is your favorite Zelda game and what games do you own (this wont have an affect on anything but rank)-my favorite is defenatly MM, other games i own is MM,OOT,ST,and im pretty sure i have windwaker lying around somewhere. and i had phantom hourglass and twilight princess but i sold them to get the other zekda games i have. Edit: i also have foursword/Links awakining, i cant play it but i have it. EditEdit: also this may not count but i might as well cover all the bases, i have preordered OOT 3d for the 3ds
4) Do you SWEAR you will not sell us out or grief? i swear i will not greif.
5) Age?- 15

(1-5 normal application)
6) What are the 7 sages they are the protectors of hyule who are "awakened" when evil rules
7)what are the goddess's name and what is each the goddess of? Din-power Naryu- wisdom Farore-Courage
Cool What type of sages are their (i.e. the fire sage) fire,water,forest,light,shadow,spirit and then theres zelda who i think is called the sage of time
9)Which Sage would you like to be?: forest if not that than water.
Back to top Go down
Starlorb
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Starlorb

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:43 pm

Heirpresumptive wrote:
Accepted as Shadow Sage

hello blaster star

2) Why do you love zelda? i love zelda because eversince i was like six ive been addicted to the games i just love the feeling of exploration and the "horayy we saved the world" feeling from them.
3) What is your favorite Zelda game and what games do you own (this wont have an affect on anything but rank)-my favorite is defenatly MM, other games i own is MM,OOT,ST,and im pretty sure i have windwaker lying around somewhere. and i had phantom hourglass and twilight princess but i sold them to get the other zekda games i have. Edit: i also have foursword/Links awakining, i cant play it but i have it. EditEdit: also this may not count but i might as well cover all the bases, i have preordered OOT 3d for the 3ds
5) Age?- 15

(1-5 normal application)
6) What are the 7 sages they are the protectors of hyule who are "awakened" when evil rules
7)what are the goddess's name and what is each the goddess of? Din-power Naryu- wisdom Farore-Courage
Cool What type of sages are their (i.e. the fire sage) fire,water,forest,light,shadow,spirit and then theres zelda who i think is called the sage of time

Hey, your already shadow sage >.> Smart one.
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:12 pm

Starlorb wrote:
Heirpresumptive wrote:
Accepted as Shadow Sage

hello blaster star

5) Age?- 15

(1-5 normal application)

Hey, your already shadow sage >.> Smart one.
I had asked people who were accepted as sages to post their apps so that prospective sages understood by what was accepted in the past the type of application they should post, i.e. long expanded anwers to show general geeky knowledge of zelda as opposed to short but correct answers.
Back to top Go down
ghostkitten2
Miniblin

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:23 am

1) your IGN: ghostkitten2
2) Why do you love zelda?: WHY DO YOU ASK IT IS THE GREATEST SERIES OF GAMES EVER i grew up with it wind waker was the first game i ever played
3) What is your favorite Zelda game and what games do you own (this wont have an affect on anything but rank)zelda wind waker/ zelda collecters edition/ zelda ocarina of time and MASTER quest my other zelda games are hte legend of zelda,oracle,of seasons/ages/twilight princess/spirt tracks/phantom hourglass/link to past/minish cap/ my favorite is ocarina of time I also have the games tales of symphonia/vesperia luigis mansion metroid collectors edition /and fable 1/2/3
4) Do you SWEAR you will not sell us out or grief? i swear on the triforce that i will not grief of sell you out and should i grief or sell you out may, gannon come out of the primordeal void and forever haunt me until and after i die
5) Age? 14

7 Sage Council application (1 spot open) wisdome sage

(1-5 normal application)
6) What are the 7 sages the seven sages are the gaurdians of hyrule they represent the many races of hyrule and stand for all that is good for hyrule and they guard the sacred realm and the triforce and as such they are so sacred the the zelda univese that the make apperiences in other zelda games like windwaker in hyrule castle ( they looked soooo cool in the stained glass) and even more so in twilight princess where the spirites encounded may be the phisical forms of the spirits that enterd the sages from OOT this theory may be proven because on each of the totems sournding the aera is a stone medalion and each spirit waers a medallion on there robes the 7 sages from OOT are saria/forest her medalion is gained by defeating phantom gannon---raru/light---darunia/fire his medallion is gained by defeating volgia in the fire temple --- princess ruto/water her medallion is gained by killing morpha in (my opinion the hardest temple) the water temply underneathe lake hyla---impa/shadow her medalion is gained by defeating bongo bongo on his drums ---nabooru/spirit the funnist medalion to get in my opinion is by defeating koume and kotake in the desert colouses---and princess zelda is the leader
7)what are the goddess's name and what is each the goddess of? din who with her strong flaming arms cultivated the land and created the red earth ( the triforce of power)---farore who with her rich soul created all living things on the earth (the triforce of courge)--- nayru who gave her spirit to the earth and created law ( triforce of wisdom_
Cool What type of sages are their (i.e. the fire sage) fire daruna /forest saria/water ruto /spirit nabouru/light raru/shadow impa and zelda the leader and could be the sage of time

9)Which Sage would you like to be?: the light sage raru beacause he stands for all that is good in the world

Sage edit:
I SWEAR TO ALL THAT IS HOLY TO READ THE FUCKING OP TO SEE WHICH SAGE SPOTS ARE OPEN
Back to top Go down
ghostkitten2
Miniblin

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:46 pm

it says the light sage is a open spot

sorry i checked it and it said they where closed but i checked it like 5 seconds ago and there open
Back to top Go down
ghostkitten2
Miniblin

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:09 am

oh its ok
Edit: do you think i might have a shot at sage
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:38 pm

Since this thread is dedacated for all futre sage applications as well there is nothing against requestring a spot that it occupied, simply understand that if the spot you asked for is occupied it is unlikely that you will be accepted as a sage, although it has happened that people have been accepted as a sage they did not apply for, and it is possible that a sage requests to switch spots, thus opening up the spot you requested. So long as you post it here and understand that since the spot is filled you will not likely become a sage there is no problem.
Back to top Go down
SilentCobra
Magtail
SilentCobra

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:56 pm

Hmm, since Water, Spirit, and Light Sage positions have opened now, I'll throw my Sage application into those as well as the Wisdom Sage. Smile Also, HURRY THE HELL UP, BLASTER! Why you gotta do like you did for the announcement of the new Forest Sage? Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Starlorb
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Starlorb

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:08 pm

SilentCobra wrote:
Hmm, since Water, Spirit, and Light Sage positions have opened now, I'll throw my Sage application into those as well as the Wisdom Sage. Smile Also, HURRY THE HELL UP, BLASTER! Why you gotta do like you did for the announcement of the new Forest Sage? Mad Mad

Its my new tradition

tro lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
ghostkitten2
Miniblin

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 3:21 pm

1) your IGN: ghostkitten2
2) Why do you love zelda?: WHY DO YOU ASK IT IS THE GREATEST SERIES OF GAMES EVER i grew up with it wind waker was the first game i ever played
3) What is your favorite Zelda game and what games do you own (this wont have an affect on anything but rank)zelda wind waker/ zelda collecters edition/ zelda ocarina of time and MASTER quest my other zelda games are hte legend of zelda,oracle,of seasons/ages/twilight princess/spirt tracks/phantom hourglass/link to past/minish cap/ my favorite is ocarina of time I also have the games tales of symphonia/vesperia luigis mansion metroid collectors edition /and fable 1/2/3
4) Do you SWEAR you will not sell us out or grief? i swear on the triforce that i will not grief of sell you out and should i grief or sell you out may, gannon come out of the primordeal void and forever haunt me until and after i die
5) Age? 14

7 Sage Council application (1 spot open) light sage

(1-5 normal application)
6) What are the 7 sages the seven sages are the gaurdians of hyrule they represent the many races of hyrule and stand for all that is good for hyrule and they guard the sacred realm and the triforce and as such they are so sacred the the zelda univese that the make apperiences in other zelda games like windwaker in hyrule castle ( they looked soooo cool in the stained glass) and even more so in twilight princess where the spirites encounded may be the phisical forms of the spirits that enterd the sages from OOT this theory may be proven because on each of the totems sournding the aera is a stone medalion and each spirit waers a medallion on there robes the 7 sages from OOT are saria/forest her medalion is gained by defeating phantom gannon---raru/light---darunia/fire his medallion is gained by defeating volgia in the fire temple --- princess ruto/water her medallion is gained by killing morpha in (my opinion the hardest temple) the water temply underneathe lake hyla---impa/shadow her medalion is gained by defeating bongo bongo on his drums ---nabooru/spirit the funnist medalion to get in my opinion is by defeating koume and kotake in the desert colouses---and princess zelda is the leader NOTE in wind waker there is revield to be 2 more sages laurto and fado but they were assisannated by jalalaha and molgera ( best battle music in game)but there instuments survided and were passd down to makar and medli but they are not part of the 7 sages but mabey sub-sages but are stil important
7)what are the goddess's name and what is each the goddess of? din who with her strong flaming arms cultivated the land and created the red earth ( the triforce of power)---farore who with her rich soul created all living things on the earth (the triforce of courge)--- nayru who gave her spirit to the earth and created law ( triforce of wisdom_
Cool What type of sages are their (i.e. the fire sage) fire daruna /forest saria/water ruto /spirit nabouru/light raru/shadow impa and zelda the leader and could be the sage of time

9)Which Sage would you like to be?: the light sage raru beacause he stands for all that is good in the world
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:39 pm

6) What are the 7 sages:
The Seven Sages are the Guardians of there temples that are spread out Hyrule.

7)what are the goddess's name and what is each the goddess of?:
Din Goddess of Power and creator of the world, Nayru Goddess of Wisdom and creator of the laws that govern the world, and Farore Goddess of Courage and creator of life that inhabit the world.

8.) What type of sages are their (i.e. the fire sage):
Light, Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, Spirit are the six sages I known, the seventh sages I believe is either the sage of time, destiny, or truth. (apparently its wisdom?) I can name them if you want that also.

Any, there all important, but of preference Light, Shadow, or Spirit first.
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:45 pm

the first post of this thread has been updated with the current sage application form.

also a notice for those who have read the mc forums thread recently the spirit sage position is now open.

Feel free to either edit your application or submit a new sage application if you wish. applications can be submitted on either the mcforums thread or in this thread, although this thread is prefered as it is far easier to locate applications, and if we can not find your application then we can not review it. (ithas happened that someone gets passed over for sage because their application was missed, which is in fact why this thread was started)
Back to top Go down
sauceboss10
Red ChuChu
sauceboss10

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:15 pm

1) The sages are the temple guardians in hyrule. In OoT you have to collect a medallion from each sage by defeating bosses.

2)Farore goddess of courage and created life, Din goddess of power and created the world, and Nayru goddess of wisdom and created laws

3)Forest, Fire, Water, Light, Spirit, Shadow, Zelda of Wisdom. Also their is Earth and Wind

4) I want to be the Spirit sage Nabooru because for one it is the only open sage. Also it is my 2nd favorite sage (light sage is fav) because i like the gerudo dessert and the spirit temple much. Also i love the greudo desert song.

Thank you for considering my application Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sage Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sage Applications   Sage Applications Empty

Back to top Go down

Sage Applications
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next