Share | 

Just call me skot..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
unknow
Miniblin

PostSubject: Just call me skot..   Thu May 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Howdy all,

Unfortunately when i first signed up for minecraft i didn't realize that my user name would be my in-game name, so now I'm stuck with my difficult to pronounce surname -_- so plz just call me skot.

A little about me:

Although i live in North Carolina, im actually Australian. Ive been in the country now for about two years.
Im currently studying computer science and do computer repairs and web designs to get by.

Im also running a server which everyone is welcome to come hang in wile we wait for the main to come back up.
Just PM me and ill add you to the white-list.

the ip is:

skotniczny.dyndns.org

Hope to see y'all soon!

Gohma

PostSubject: Re: Just call me skot..   Thu May 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Well I'm glad I finally get to chat with you, I don't think we have ever been on the main thread at the same time. I want to thank you for running the server, I know how much of a drain that must be on your computer resources. I am actually going for a degree very close to cs (only five extra classes for a double major in it so I will probably go for it), but I am only a freshman, so I haven't done much yet, just core classes. Still I find programming interesting and thats probably why I like doing redstone. Do you like fiddling with redstone too, or am I an oddball, and its not related to my liking programming?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tamugetsu
Moblin

PostSubject: Re: Just call me skot..   Thu May 12, 2011 8:50 pm

Oh, Niczny is your surname? Wow. I mean, I knew someone with the last name Radzilowicz once, but yours is cooler. Not that I have any idea how to pronounce Niczny, but...

Anyway, I'd like to thank you for running the server too! I'm glad I can actually play minecraft with everyone. Smile

Miniblin

PostSubject: Re: Just call me skot..   Thu May 12, 2011 9:34 pm

Quote :
Well I'm glad I finally get to chat with you, I don't think we have ever been on the main thread at the same time. I want to thank you for running the server, I know how much of a drain that must be on your computer resources. I am actually going for a degree very close to cs (only five extra classes for a double major in it so I will probably go for it), but I am only a freshman, so I haven't done much yet, just core classes. Still I find programming interesting and thats probably why I like doing redstone. Do you like fiddling with redstone too, or am I an oddball, and its not related to my liking programming?

Im into programming as well, im about to go for my ACE certification which is for Adobes Flash ActionScript.
Im just getting into redstone, i still suck at it but im learning. I just made a hidden combination lock to a vault with some treasure, so you can all have some fun trying to find and crack it Wink

Quote :
Oh, Niczny is your surname? Wow. I mean, I knew someone with the last name Radzilowicz once, but yours is cooler. Not that I have any idea how to pronounce Niczny, but...

Anyway, I'd like to thank you for running the server too! I'm glad I can actually play minecraft with everyone. Smile

Im glad to have you all on the server, definitely makes it a lot more fun!
Yeah its a Polish last name i got stuck with -_- but hat can ya do.

Hero of Time
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Just call me skot..   Thu May 12, 2011 9:39 pm

Skot I got a request for you, if you didnt already get this in the PM i sent you: We got a old server file, from the clan that inspired this one: The LoH, most of us liked that clan but the leader went inactive and it went down hill fast, I was hoping that you can put that world file on the server from time to time so we can see the old server ya know. And we kinda have found out that Night is not gonna be back anytime soon so it sound OK to you?

Magtail

PostSubject: Re: Just call me skot..   Thu May 12, 2011 9:40 pm

How does an Australian guy get stuck with a Polish last name?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/TrevorWestonSharpe
zephyriphoenix
Gohma

PostSubject: Re: Just call me skot..   Thu May 12, 2011 9:43 pm

Ooh, Starlorb do you mean the one with the foursword castle and lhq in it? That would be kind of cool to have from time to time, but I honestly think this clan should probably stick to the map it has been using for most of the time.

Spoiler:

Last edited by zephyriphoenix on Thu May 12, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starlorb
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Just call me skot..   Thu May 12, 2011 9:45 pm

zephyriphoenix wrote:
Ooh, SAtarlorb do you mean the one with the foursword castle and lhq in it? That would be kind of cool to have from time to time, but I honestly think this clan should probably stick to the map it has been using for most of the time.

I mean it's not gonna be permanent i mean its gonna maybe 1ce every 3 days or so, you know nostalia trip

Moblin

PostSubject: Re: Just call me skot..   Thu May 12, 2011 9:46 pm

skotniczny wrote:

Im into programming as well, im about to go for my ACE certification which is for Adobes Flash ActionScript.
Im just getting into redstone, i still suck at it but im learning. I just made a hidden combination lock to a vault with some treasure, so you can all have some fun trying to find and crack it Wink

Sir, if I ever find your lock, I will get through it. There's a good chance I can do it the second I find it, if you really are a redstone noob, and didn't protect it from what I have in mind. Smile
Zephyriphoenix wrote:

Ooh, SAtarlorb do you mean the one with the foursword castle and lhq in it? That would be kind of cool to have from time to time, but I honestly think this clan should probably stick to the map it has been using for most of the time.

Yeah, he does. I agree that it wouldn't be nice to overwrite skot's existing server map, but I think bringing it up sometimes would be fun.

Miniblin

PostSubject: Re: Just call me skot..   Fri May 13, 2011 12:30 pm

I think it would be cool to see the old server from time to time. ill PM you starlorb and we can go over the details and set a date to open it.

SilentCobra wrote:
How does an Australian guy get stuck with a Polish last name?

My family migrated to Australia before i was born.

Tamugetsu wrote:
Sir, if I ever find your lock, I will get through it. There's a good chance I can do it the second I find it, if you really are a redstone noob, and didn't protect it from what I have in mind. Smile

Just remember Tamu, braking the blocks around the lock to see the redstone wiring is cheating Razz

Moblin

PostSubject: Re: Just call me skot..   Fri May 13, 2011 12:37 pm

skotniczny wrote:

Just remember Tamu, braking the blocks around the lock to see the redstone wiring is cheating Razz

Of course! That's not what I was planning, silly. Even if the blocks of the walls were bedrock and the door were somehow unbreakable, I could do this. The thing I have in mind doesn't involve breaking a single block. Very Happy It it possible that your lock is protected from this method, though. It's easy to do, but it doesn't really happen on it's own. You pretty much have to see it coming and protect against it yourself.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just call me skot..   Fri May 13, 2011 1:12 pm

Tamu is serious, and i know exactly what he is talking about, but it is easy to protect against, it is just a question of whether or not you did.

Talking combination locks, I designed a music lock, where there are five buttons (for ^,<,>,v,A) and they must be pressed in order (and optionally in rhythm, so you can have hard and easy songs on the same system) to open a door. It is very large, but it can operate several doors with different songs of different lengths. So it can be placed underneath a lobby of sorts, and what song you play opens a different door.

PostSubject: Re: Just call me skot..   

Back to top Go down

Just call me skot..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Society of the Master Sword :: Ancient Hyrule :: General Discussion :: Introductions-
Jump to: