Society of the Master Sword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Society of the Master Sword

A Legend of Zelda centered Minecraft clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nitpickers Corner

Go down 
+2
DarkMemories
Tamugetsu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tamugetsu
Moblin
Tamugetsu

Nitpickers Corner Empty
PostSubject: Nitpickers Corner   Nitpickers Corner EmptyThu May 12, 2011 9:55 pm

This is a thread for saying the really annoying, OCD things that are bugging you. I'll probably be on here a lot. It's a place for honesty and frankness, a place to let people know what your pet peeves are. It's a place for communication, because in my experience miscommunication is the root of 75% of conflict.

Anyway, let me get this started.

To the "Guilded Swords"

It's spelled 'Gilded'. You are not in a guild, you are in a clan. Your swords are covered with a thin layer of gold, a process called gilding. There is no "U" in gilded. Please stop misspelling it. Thank you, and as always, have a great day!
Back to top Go down
DarkMemories
Green ChuChu
DarkMemories

Nitpickers Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nitpickers Corner   Nitpickers Corner EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:09 pm

Tamugetsu wrote:
To the "Guilded Swords"

It's spelled 'Gilded'. You are not in a guild, you are in a clan. Your swords are covered with a thin layer of gold, a process called gilding. There is no "U" in gilded. Please stop misspelling it. Thank you, and as always, have a great day!
QFT.

Also, the swords for rank are bothering me: they don't have high contrast of filled versus unfilled, and they're also pretty unevenly cropped. Food for thought.
Back to top Go down
SilentCobra
Magtail
SilentCobra

Nitpickers Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nitpickers Corner   Nitpickers Corner EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:11 pm

I was a bit pissed to find out that a few people had lied on their applications to join the clan. However, I'm gad they came clean after I said something about how the admin of our main server isn't even in high school yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TrevorWestonSharpe
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Nitpickers Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nitpickers Corner   Nitpickers Corner EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:18 pm

DarkMemories wrote:
Also, the swords for rank are bothering me: they don't have high contrast of filled versus unfilled, and they're also pretty unevenly cropped. Food for thought.

They bother me too. I can add any image I want to it, but that was one of the preloaded ones. I asked tamu to make some new ones, but he has a lot on his plate atm. If anyone wants to make a set I can replace them.
Back to top Go down
Starlorb
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Starlorb

Nitpickers Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nitpickers Corner   Nitpickers Corner EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:41 pm

Quote :

My mistake, I'll try to get everythign that has Guilded to Gilded
Back to top Go down
InfiniteAurora
Boko Baba
InfiniteAurora

Nitpickers Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nitpickers Corner   Nitpickers Corner EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:49 pm

I hate when people mistake you're for your and to for too and there for their
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/InfiniteAurora
Tamugetsu
Moblin
Tamugetsu

Nitpickers Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nitpickers Corner   Nitpickers Corner EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:49 pm

Starlorb wrote:

My mistake, I'll try to get everythign that has Guilded to Gilded

Thanks!

Also, Zeph, I need to make two images for the ranks, right?

*EDIT*

Until I make one, how about this for the moment?

"Greyed-out Sword"
Nitpickers Corner Wallet_Icon_TP

"Colored Sword"
Nitpickers Corner Giant_Wallet_Icon_TP
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Nitpickers Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nitpickers Corner   Nitpickers Corner EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:03 pm

It is actually only showing one image. the image just happens to contain greyed out and not greyed out swords. So I can use those to replace it in the style I have now, or we could have "unrelated" images for the levels, like as level increases which sword shows up changes to one that is more powerful. As few or many images as you like, although with fewer images several ranks will use the same one. So in other words. The ranks system does not have (1 out of 5 swords) it has (insert image for rank here) and the image I used happened to be (1 out of 5 swords). If you are still confused I will send you some screenshots of what my interface is.

Last edited by Admin on Thu May 12, 2011 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tamugetsu
Moblin
Tamugetsu

Nitpickers Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nitpickers Corner   Nitpickers Corner EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:20 pm

Admin wrote:
It is actually only showing one image. the image just happens to contain greyed out and not greyed out swords. So I can use those to replace it in the style I have now, or we could have "unrelate+" images for the levels, like as level increases which sword shows up changes to one that is more powerful. As few or many images as you like, although with fewer images several ranks will use the same one. So in other words. The ranks system does not have (1 out of 5 swords) it has (insert image for rank here) and the image I used happened to be (1 out of 5 swords). If you are still confused I will send you some screenshots of what my interface is.

OHHHH. Okay, so I can use all that horizontal space? Ok, I'll make it different Swords, getting better as your rank increases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nitpickers Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nitpickers Corner   Nitpickers Corner Empty

Back to top Go down

Nitpickers Corner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Society of the Master Sword :: Ancient Hyrule :: General Discussion :: All Else-
Jump to: