Society of the Master Sword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Society of the Master Sword

A Legend of Zelda centered Minecraft clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

-insert witty topic name here-

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkMemories
Green ChuChu
DarkMemories

-insert witty topic name here- Empty
PostSubject: -insert witty topic name here-   -insert witty topic name here- EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:56 pm

-insert enthusiastic opening statement here-

-insert longwinded description about myself here-

-insert hopeful closing statement here-
-insert signature here-

Okay, in all seriousness, that's just because I had no real reason to make a full introduction like that one. ^_~

But, just for the newer guys, I'm DarkMemories, but I go by Dark. I'm a self-dubbed overplanner extraordinaire (if you've ever seen my blueprints you'd know why; but in a nutshell I just never build/do something prior to planning it out first) hugely into builds and megabuilds, and am currently, at the time of writing this, playing a bunch of my old Zelda games (currently on Oracle of Ages right now: I'm married to a tree! xD). I'm a fanatic of Majora's Mask, though many either didn't like it or were creeped out by Stone Tower Temple (I am neither of these, for the record: Ikana was the best place ever! Feeeeeeeeble. ^_^), and divided between 2nd and 3rd I keep OoT, WW, the Oracle games, and Minish Cap, all [s]good[/s]GREAT games IMO but just don't match up to the diversity, ingenuity, and character depth of MM. (The story was good, and it's presentation was believable, the three-day cycle is something I've never seen in a video game before and I loved the masks, and there were very few completely "flat" characters in MM with all the character development in each and every sidequest (maybe the toilet hand was a flat character... But he still got put in the Bomber's Notebook as ??? for some reason. Well, he's the flattest of them all, and even if he had ANY story to him he's stupid enough to get stuck in a toilet and then just ask for paper instead of a hand out, he should just as god damn well stay there for eternity xD). I'm also a very musically-oriented person, especially so for game music. If you have any questiuons about anything music-related go ahead and ask me ^_^
Also, Nayru is my favorite goddess/oracle; favorite sage is Impa (Shadow); my favorite (and most hated as well xD) dungeon in OoT is the Forest Temple; favorite dungeon in MM is (what else?) Stone Tower Temple: the best damn place ever; favorite dungeon in WW is Tower of the Gods; favorite dungeon in the Oracle games is Dancing Dragon Dungeon (epic music ^_^); favorite dungeon in Minish Cap is the Temple of Droplets; favorite villain is Vaati (he's pure evil, even canonically, but he's so adorable you (well, I) can't help but love him even in hylian form xD); my favorite overworld location in any game is Dragon Roost Island from WW; and I have played every game (that exists, no CD-i! xD) in the Zelda franchise except for Four Swords Adventure, Link's Awakening, and LoZ II Link's Adventure to their completion, and the only I haven't gotten close to before is Four Swords.(never really like Four Swords, idk why xP)
Also, I over-use parentheses to get my point across (like this, surely you've noticed by now xD), apostrophe's duu too genn'rull grramer failyur's, and smilie's to display emotion more than I can over teh intrewebz (or even need to; I have a severe monotone IRL anyway thanks to my low voice xD).

Well, I'll just touch briefly on my backstory a tiny bit after seeing that monster of a description xP
I played creative for about two months starting in August, and then finally bought the game mid-October. I played SSP for like five months after, lurking the forums occasionally. Then I happened upon the Legions of Hyrule, and I decided to make an account to ask to join. Applications were closed at the time, though, so I just played on the (then open) server until I could receive honorary status. Eventually, due to some confusing stuff (which I'm not sure even I understand to this day xD) I acheived the role of Vaati (Yay!) in the sort of anti-Four Swords commitee, though the clan was already headed downhill at that point due to inactive leadership, crappy server host (surely you've heard the name marshin around here...), and just general discontent of the members. I tried to fix it, but failed miserable, and luckily Blaster had already taken the trouble of forming this clan, which I soon joined upon realizing the futility of my position. I applied for a sage position as well, hoping for Shadow (my favorite sage as I've said) but put Light, my second favorite, as an alternative, which I received and am happy with. Oh yeah, forgot to mention I'm Light Sage didn't I? xD
Well, yeah. I was inactive for a bit (read: a while actually Dx) because after I joined there was just a lull of not having a server or anything. However, lucky for me relatively recently Blaster came and reminded me about the clan (which I reluctantly admit I had forgetten about at that point, I have horrible memory about... well, in general) and said I might've been kicked from my position (which is bad ofc xD). So, I came back, and well, yeah, I'm here. It's a great clan and I'm glad to be in it. Not to mention, it's one of the few places I can go on a rant about video games and use Nintendo game references without confusing everyone entirely xD
Oh, and I'm on the server almost every day at least briefly, so if you've gone on the server at all between the hours of 12 PM and 12 AM I'm quite sure you've seen me quite a bit xD

So yeah, that's me. DarkMemories, AKA Dark, Overplanner Extraordinaire, Light Sage of the Society of the Master Sword, Nintendo enthusiast, severely overactive Minecraft player, practicing Mega-builder, sworn enemy of the Creeper race, musical maestro-in-effect, an admitted weaboo, He Who Must Not Have A Life, writer of extended descriptions of unecessary information, and the beloved husband of Labrynna's Maku Tree, over and out.
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: -insert witty topic name here-   -insert witty topic name here- EmptyThu May 12, 2011 4:12 pm

I have to say that I love your list of favorite zelda games and reasoning behind MM being your favorite as it is mine too. I also love ikana canyon, though it really creeped me out first time I played. Still how could anyone not love dancing redeads and being mistaken for keeta. Smile I think we will work very well together (once I actually go on to the server) as my biggest downfall is that I have trouble planning out large projects.
Back to top Go down
DarkMemories
Green ChuChu
DarkMemories

PostSubject: Re: -insert witty topic name here-   -insert witty topic name here- EmptyThu May 12, 2011 4:23 pm

Hah, yeah, dancing re-deads were the best! xD
For those who don't know what we're talking about:
Spoiler:
And why I love Stone Tower Temple so much, while I already have YouTube up xP:
Spoiler:

Anyways, that's great! I plan EVERYTHING out, and I mean everything. My main fallacy is just a lack of new ideas nowadays (well, and the fact that I have barely enough experience with redstone to make a properly working compact lock and a properly resetting automatic door, and not nearly enough to do anything with minecarts other than a simple three- or four-way link between some places, let alone a minecart station xP) I'm pretty good with physics outside of that though, like water and lava physics (well, it's been muddled a bit by my experience with the Finite Liquids mod, but still pretty good with it; I really, really like the mechanics in that mod, though).

There I go again with the long-winded responses and parentheses. Maybe it has something to do with my having had to write three essays for the AP World History test I just recently took today... Dx
Edit: That would also explain my use of videos, too; you needed like over 9000 pieces of specific information as evidence in each essay xD
Back to top Go down
SilentCobra
Magtail
SilentCobra

PostSubject: Re: -insert witty topic name here-   -insert witty topic name here- EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:03 pm

I actually enjoy going through the Forest Temple. I don't know why some people pick that particular temple as their bane of existence, but whatever. I also enjoy the first go around with the Moblins and Hookshotting them to death. That's fun. Or if you're like me and bought the ULTIMATE CODES disc alongside WW, you'll replace the Hookshot with the Longshot. Twisted Evil

Anyway, the bane of my existence in OoT has got to be the Water Temple. The ONLY FUN PART is fighting Dark Link. However, just crossing that "raging river" so to speak is annoying enough to use the codes disc and just skip the Water Temple entirely. Not to mention the water level already is already at the height level to allow access to the Boss Chamber anyway. Also, it's fun to get the Biggoron's Sword BEFORE you fight Morpha and Bongo Bongo. For the main reason that a normal attack does twice the damage a normal strike from the Master Sword does. Knowing that, if a regular jump attack with the Master Sword does 2x the damage of a regular attack, then a jump attack from the Biggoron's Sowrd does 4x that the damage of a normal jump attack.

Armed with that knowledge, you can finish Morpha in 5-10 minutes. Bongo Bongo in about 10-15 minutes, Ganondorf in under 30 seconds. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TrevorWestonSharpe
Tamugetsu
Moblin
Tamugetsu

PostSubject: Re: -insert witty topic name here-   -insert witty topic name here- EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:07 pm

-Insert friendly post here-
Back to top Go down
SilentCobra
Magtail
SilentCobra

PostSubject: Re: -insert witty topic name here-   -insert witty topic name here- EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:10 pm

<insert +1 spammy post here> lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
DarkMemories
Green ChuChu
DarkMemories

PostSubject: Re: -insert witty topic name here-   -insert witty topic name here- EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:13 pm

SilentCobra wrote:
Armed with that knowledge, you can finish Morpha in 5-10 minutes. Bongo Bongo in about 10-15 minutes, Ganondorf in under 30 seconds. Twisted Evil
It takes you ten minutes it beat Bongo Bongo? SON, I AM DISAPPOINT.

Really, I love the Forest Temple now that I'm not five xD but even now that music creeps me out so much. Just listen to it; it's beautiful, definitely, but that repetitive line... spending a few hours in there as a kid was not very pleasant.
Spoiler:
Well, and the entire thing is based around goddamn ghosts xD (coloured Poes, Ceiling Masters, Phantom Ganon... yeah. More ghosts than the Shadow Temple if I remember correctly)
Back to top Go down
SilentCobra
Magtail
SilentCobra

PostSubject: Re: -insert witty topic name here-   -insert witty topic name here- EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:26 pm

Ok, the Wallmasters, I'll give you that much. However, I just LOATHE FLOORMASTERS! >_< Like I need to tell y'all why I loathe Floormasters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -insert witty topic name here-   -insert witty topic name here- Empty

Back to top Go down

-insert witty topic name here-
Page 1 of 1