Society of the Master Sword
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Society of the Master Sword

A Legend of Zelda centered Minecraft clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Theme Feedback Thread!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shindokaku
Bokoblin
Shindokaku

Forum Theme Feedback Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:08 pm

The Windwaker Theme I've been working on is done enough that I felt comfortable using it. Right now I would say it's still in a beta stage.
So please post suggestions, feedback and ideas. I know right off the bat that the white text that blends into the background needs to change.
Edit: Oh, and if the forum doesn't look like it should for you please post a screenshot.

Also I was thinking of post count ranks and came up with this:

Miniblin 0-9
It's too dangerous to go alone! 10
Red ChuChu 11-19
Green ChuChu 20-29
Keese 30-39
Bokoblin 40-48
It's a secret to everybody 49
Magtail 50-59
Moblin 60-69
Boko Baba 70-79
I am Error 80
Peahat 81-89
Mothula 90-99
Chris Houlihan's Secret Room 100
Armos 101-109
Wizzrobe 110-119
Poe 120-129
ReDead 130-139
Darknut 140-149
Ka-BOOM 150
Phantom Gannon 151-159
Gohma 160-199
Kalle Demos 200-249
Gohdan 250-299
Helmaroc King 300-349
Jalhalla 350-399
Molgera 400-449
Beneath the waves 450-500

It's based of Wind Waker Monsters (To go along with the new theme) in order of appearance more or less. Please leave feedback and suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Tamugetsu
Moblin
Tamugetsu

PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:06 pm

It looks like it's coming along really nicely! There are a few cleanup things that I think could help, but you're probably already planning those. Smile I like the ranks!
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:03 am

Wow, I like it! The only thing missing is the SUPER SECRET BUTTON! Suspect
Also on the logo, under the U, looks like some kind of odd shading that just stops before the M. Is that suppose to look like that?

I see a line bordering the whole site in a box. Are you planning on framing it with wood detail? Maybe use KoRL's boat?
Back to top Go down
Shindokaku
Bokoblin
Shindokaku

PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:42 am

Tamugetsu wrote:
It looks like it's coming along really nicely! There are a few cleanup things that I think could help, but you're probably already planning those. Smile I like the ranks!

Thanks! Glad to hear you like the ranks. And yeah there's a lot more work that needs to be done. =)

Enix Forever wrote:
Wow, I like it! The only thing missing is the SUPER SECRET BUTTON! Suspect
Also on the logo, under the U, looks like some kind of odd shading that just stops before the M. Is that suppose to look like that?

I see a line bordering the whole site in a box. Are you planning on framing it with wood detail? Maybe use KoRL's boat?

No, no, I do believe I got the super secret button. That is, if we're talking about the same secret button. Regarding the odd shadow beneath the "U" in the logo, I just got the image like that.
So when you say you see the whole site in a box do you mean you see a thin line around the border of the forum? I have a one pixel wide border around the edge. Didn't show up in the live preview while I was making the theme... Not sure how to get rid of it either. It's a miracle I got as far as I did.

Think someone could post a screenshot? I'm starting to get paranoid about how it shows up for people other than myself.
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 1:38 pm

Shindokaku wrote:
Tamugetsu wrote:
snip

Thanks! Glad to hear you like the ranks. And yeah there's a lot more work that needs to be done. =)

Enix Forever wrote:
snip

No, no, I do believe I got the super secret button. That is, if we're talking about the same secret button. Regarding the odd shadow beneath the "U" in the logo, I just got the image like that.
So when you say you see the whole site in a box do you mean you see a thin line around the border of the forum? I have a one pixel wide border around the edge. Didn't show up in the live preview while I was making the theme... Not sure how to get rid of it either. It's a miracle I got as far as I did.

Think someone could post a screenshot? I'm starting to get paranoid about how it shows up for people other than myself.
I can confirm that you did get the secret button. Personally i am not noticing a line around the forums but maybe im just not paying attention. There is a slight distortion in the border which is caused by the transpararent (but still technically existant) frame, so that might be what you are seeing. Heres a screen cap of how it looks to me:
Spoiler:

Honestly the work you have done looks great! I praise down to your awesomeness wizzrobe wizzrobe wizzrobe
I am learning a little about css to try to do some of the things we've wanted. So far I managed to make signitures scroll if they are too high, so you shouldnt have to deal with overly large signatures.
Back to top Go down
Shindokaku
Bokoblin
Shindokaku

PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:38 pm

Quote :

I can confirm that you did get the secret button. Personally i am not noticing a line around the forums but maybe im just not paying attention. There is a slight distortion in the border which is caused by the transpararent (but still technically existant) frame, so that might be what you are seeing. Heres a screen cap of how it looks to me:
Spoiler:

Honestly the work you have done looks great! I praise down to your awesomeness wizzrobe wizzrobe wizzrobe
I am learning a little about css to try to do some of the things we've wanted. So far I managed to make signitures scroll if they are too high, so you shouldnt have to deal with overly large signatures.

Awesome, thanks for the screenshot and compliments! I'll look into the border thing. Sig thing sounds cool. There is one feature though that I would love; a multiquote button.
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:47 pm

Yeah I found the secret button. I was being silly and was looking for it while logged off. It doesn't show up. Embarassed

Here's what I see when I'm talking about the border frame.
Spoiler:
It's just a tiny line but it goes around the whole site.
Back to top Go down
Shindokaku
Bokoblin
Shindokaku

PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Enix Forever wrote:
Yeah I found the secret button. I was being silly and was looking for it while logged off. It doesn't show up. Embarassed

Here's what I see when I'm talking about the border frame.
Spoiler:
It's just a tiny line but it goes around the whole site.
Yeah that's what I have on mine as well. Didn't show up in the preview and it's not supposed to be there.
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:14 am

Shindokaku wrote:

Awesome, thanks for the screenshot and compliments! I'll look into the border thing. Sig thing sounds cool. There is one feature though that I would love; a multiquote button.

Currently multiquote is enabled but there is no image for it so it does not show up. if you can find an image and upload it under pics managment, advanced -> buttons it will show up and be usable.
Back to top Go down
Enix Forever
Magtail
Enix Forever

PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 2:41 am

The frame looks better now but is still there.
Spoiler:
I'm ok with how it looks now. Unless anyone has any other ideas to fill it in with something else?
Back to top Go down
Shindokaku
Bokoblin
Shindokaku

PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Enix Forever wrote:
The frame looks better now but is still there.
Spoiler:
I'm ok with how it looks now. Unless anyone has any other ideas to fill it in with something else?

Yeah I gave up on trying to get rid of the little 1px border so I just full on embraced it. One problem I'm having though is changing any text color or the background color to the black part of the forum where the forum content is... the topic selector menu... the forum navigator thing... you know what I'm talking about right?

Edit: Alright I added the new ranks! I'll probably try to find a set of rank pictures to go along with them like we had the swords under the rank previously. You nay also notice that the sages post count dropped some more than others. The reason for this is due to the removal of a spam thread in the chamber of the sages. With the new rank system and the revival of the clan I thought it should be removed as post count if it meant anything should reflect on how much you actually contribute to the clan rather than how many posts per minute you can spam.
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Shindokaku wrote:

Yeah I gave up on trying to get rid of the little 1px border so I just full on embraced it. One problem I'm having though is changing any text color or the background color to the black part of the forum where the forum content is... the topic selector menu... the forum navigator thing... you know what I'm talking about right?

Edit: Alright I added the new ranks! I'll probably try to find a set of rank pictures to go along with them like we had the swords under the rank previously. You nay also notice that the sages post count dropped some more than others. The reason for this is due to the removal of a spam thread in the chamber of the sages. With the new rank system and the revival of the clan I thought it should be removed as post count if it meant anything should reflect on how much you actually contribute to the clan rather than how many posts per minute you can spam.
i can help you with the color controls they are all listed in a large group the problem is finding any colors that are decent. Also i find it interesting that after the removal of that thread im the only one with more than 100 posts : ) the reason for the spam thread was to allow sages to have higher ranks than others, but i agree what with redoing everything and soon getting new sages removing it was a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Shindokaku
Bokoblin
Shindokaku

PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:31 pm

zephyriphoenix wrote:
i can help you with the color controls they are all listed in a large group the problem is finding any colors that are decent. Also i find it interesting that after the removal of that thread im the only one with more than 100 posts : ) the reason for the spam thread was to allow sages to have higher ranks than others, but i agree what with redoing everything and soon getting new sages removing it was a good idea.

Well I think I found where it is that you change them, the problem is when I do nothing changes except for the text color in the scrolling banner thing on the home page. I had a ser of colors that was pretty ok but I didn't write down the numbers or anything.
Back to top Go down
zephyriphoenix
Gohma
zephyriphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:37 pm

hmm well i might be able to help but it would be best if we had a way to chat realtime so that we could work through it. i have accounts on steam and skype that im on a lot of the time, same username there as here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Theme Feedback Thread!   Forum Theme Feedback Thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Theme Feedback Thread!
Page 1 of 1